What's on your plate 3/21/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making Steve's Hungarian goulash Soup tonight. We'll have it with baguette and butter.

Made a batch of meatballs. Now gotta figure out what to put them in tonight. IMG_1426.jpg

In observance of World Poetry Day...

World Poetry Day 21 March

Ok, I'll bite. What shall we have for dinner tonight?
Pork chops and greens or roast chicken with beans?
Both tasty and sure to delight.

A trip to the store today will ensure
Fresh bread for the meal and cheese in a wheel
For dessert, with a glass of liqueur

We're having scallops, Brussels sprouts and bacon
For that my taste buds have been achin'
A side of mixed rice
because rice is nice

A salad might precede the meal
But I always make it such a big deal
to chop and tear and make it just right
And Tuesday's are my TV viewing night.

A dear friend who is a long-haul trucker is coming through town tonight--we are going for pizza. The Elders are having apricot chicken and sides.

I popped a potato in the oven to give it a head start. Then it's on to some broccoli with lemon- butter and finally pan sear walleye filets that a friend gave us.

I'm making Steve's Hungarian goulash Soup tonight. We'll have it with baguette and butter.
Mmm... that sounds good. I haven't had it myself for a while, but we're starting to get into spring now, so I'd better make a batch soon.

I had a pan-seared pork chop, and avocado tomato salad.

img_1503577_0_61687cd54b00511cbcd6674b744b259e.jpg

I should, probably, feel a bit of guilt..but.. I don't..

While running errands, we looked at each other and said. "Why not have a pig out?" Soooo.. we stopped at the Nifty 50's Cafe and I had a bacon cheese burger, with onion rings and she had a linguisa sandwich also with onion rings.. We burped all the way home... ;)

Ross

Vas es los, linguisa? Lingua is tongue, I think. Tongue sausage?

Last edited:
CWS....give me a hint on the apricot chicken. I made some chicken today and DH is a huge fan of apricots. He'd love that.

Today, chicken and mac n cheese, brussel sprouts later.

I went off to Kroger,
a few things to buy,
and as I was shopping,
a sight caught my eye,
Taylor Pork Roll,
NOT Taylor ham.
It tastes just a little,
like that meat in a can.
I bought me some slices,
and fried them up right,
and that's what I had for dinner tonight.

CD :chef:

Last edited:
CWS....give me a hint on the apricot chicken. I made some chicken today and DH is a huge fan of apricots. He'd love that.

Today, chicken and mac n cheese, brussel sprouts later.
I really don't have a recipe. I do this in the pressure cooker. First, I take about 1 cup of dried apricots, chop them, and then soak them in apricot nectar (about 1 cup) and 1 cup of hot water. Meanwhile, I mix some soy sauce, Chinese 5-spice, ginger, garlic, apricot preserves, wee bit of brown sugar, adjust by taste.

I brown the chicken breasts in the pressure cooker with about 2 T oil or coconut oil, drain the "juice" from apricots, add that to the pressure cooker, put the lid on and make sure there is at least 1-1/2 c juice--that cooks for 12 minutes at 15 psi. I cool it using the quick-cool method. I remove the chicken from the pot, add the plumped apricots and some corn starch to thicken the stock. I then tumble everything over either rice or udon noodles. Not too complicated, I just throw it all together in the pressure cooker and it works. When I don't have apricot nectar, I use orange juice. Today I added mushrooms, onion, and green peppers after I browned the chicken and before I added the liquid. If it weren't for my Dad, I would add some fresh cilantro (chopped) on top as a garnish or some chopped green onions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom