What's on your plate 4-5-2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had our Rusty Pelican salad with shrimp, mushies, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, and homemade honey mustard dressing. We also had some cheese toasts.

I had planned to go to class tonight, so earlier I had leftover pork and veggies in Alfredo sauce over pappardelle with a piece of garlic toast. DH is in a lot of pain with his abscessed tooth, though, so I decided to stay home in case he needs anything. He's been eating yogurt and cottage cheese.

He's seeing our dentist tomorrow to take care of it.

I'm grilling shrimp and beef kabobs and have a summer squash casserole for the oven.

Glad he's getting that tooth taken care of tomorrow GG. Hope he doesn't have too rough a night! Sure no fun suffering with a bad tooth. :cry:

I make something like that Andy. It's so tasty it makes low carbing easy.

A picture of our dinner.
wUp4UHocTWpVSq9mTPOLinmncLIQ7U5duqXUpRHO1R8pX92IB

I stopped at our favorite butcher shop two towns over and got some of their smoked pork chops. :yum: I bought three so we'd have leftovers...and we have one left! That's because I cooked two pounds of green beans in the pan with the chops. No leftover beans but that's OK. I think we both like the beans done that way better than the chops themselves. I know I do. Good thing that pound of beans is under 150 calories total. Oh, I baked up a tube of Grands biscuits too. I had one. Himself had...:ermm:...we won't mention it.

Andy, that sounds delicious. Copied and saved. :yum: Kay, could you please point me to the link to that similar dish you make?

I had pickins' for dinner this evening. The last of the black bean and corn salad wrapped up in a flour tortilla that I roasted on the stove burner, and a sliced mango that either needed to be eaten this evening, or tossed.

The sausage casserole I wanted to make, turned into a sausage bake with roasted vegetables, I had forgotten the cream out last night and if it had been normal cream it would be fine, but this is lactosefree and that goes weird.

Andy, that sounds delicious. Copied and saved. :yum: Kay, could you please point me to the link to that similar dish you make?

Cheryl, my similar recipe doesn't use tomato, but adds a Tbs of Dijon. I also use Herbs de Provence instead of Italian seasonings.

I'm going to enjoy Andy's recipe, I just know it.

Last edited:
Cheryl, my similar recipe doesn't use tomato, but adds a Tbs of Dijon. I also use Herbs de Provence instead of Italian seasonings.

I'm going to enjoy Andy's recipe, I just know it.

Thank you! They both sound wonderful.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom