What's on your plate Monday January 11, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Chili over brown rice and cornbread (slice - butter inside and creamed honey outside).

chili_cornbread_011121_1_IMG_7567.jpg

chili_cornbread_011121_2_IMG_7564.jpg

chili_cornbread_011121_3_IMG_7565.jpg

Craig's chicken and andouille gumbo over rice.

Attachments

• 2021-01-11 19.14.54.jpg
    2021-01-11 19.14.54.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 85
I had beef barley soup with mushrooms.

SO had Hungarian goulash soup with sour cream.

We both had dinner rolls.

We had a country omelette with Feta, cheese curds, and thinly sliced scallions. Wholegrain wheat toast to go with that.

We had chicken strips (gluten-free of course). I had avocado and raw cauliflower with a ranch-style dip for all. TB had a greek salad.

For dessert, we had GF banana bread - one loaf is date/walnut and the other chocolate chip/pecan. We each had half a slice of each.

Jeannie made quesadillas, using last nights left over strip steak. I tweaked some refired beans and made a simple Mexican rice. It was all good. :yum:

Cookies and milk made Netflix more enjoyable.

Ross

I made a new recipe - Chicken Scarpariello. Braised chicken thighs with onions, garlic and bell peppers and a sauce of white wine, chicken stock and pickled pepper juice (I altered it a little bit and thickened the sauce with a cornstarch slurry). I loved the flavor. 20210111_201544~2.jpeg

I made a new recipe - Chicken Scarpariello. Braised chicken thighs with onions, garlic and bell peppers and a sauce of white wine, chicken stock and pickled pepper juice (I altered it a little bit and thickened the sauce with a cornstarch slurry). I loved the flavor. View attachment 44953

That looks yummy. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

I didn't have any, so I used pickled pepperoncini instead.

Thanks for mentioning that. I only have pickled serranos and pickled jalapenos. It's really hard to find pickled peppers around here that don't have some sort of additive that makes them taste bitter to me. I'm not even sure which additive it its.

Back
Top Bottom