What's on your plate St. Patty Day Sunday 3/17/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Went food shopping this morning. Lunch was rotisserie chicken, mashed (Hungry Jack) and gravy.

chicken_mashed_gravy_031719_IMG_5514.jpg

Dinner will likely be corned beef.

Well, big surprise, I'll be doing the traditional "Irish-American" dinner tonight. I also might actually do that Key Lime pie since I'll make it green.
I claim half Irish heritage so I expect to be kissed. :lucky::kiss::lucky:

Corned beef dinner here, too. :yum: I just put the meat in the oven to slow roast for several hours, and am fixin' to prep the veggies - carrots, potatoes, onions, and of course cabbage.

Went food shopping this morning. Lunch was rotisserie chicken, mashed (Hungry Jack) and gravy.

View attachment 34045

Dinner will likely be corned beef.

Well change of plans :(. Water heater issues. DD's and hub will be getting subs. I think I'll have Lipton chicken noodles soup with some leftover chicken from lunch.
I'll make the corned beef in a few days.

Last edited:
Fried shrimp and potato salad from the deli with some leftover broccoli that I marinated overnight in bottled Eyetalian dressing.

Too nice to stay home so no cooking tonight..

Had a variety of dishes (4 of us) at a nice diner in another town..

We do have ice cream and cake for later tho..

Ross

I've shoveled the snow off the patio through the winter, but until now melting / freezing has left it ice covered. Finally cleared to safely walk across it. Steak tips on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, salad.

As "O'Neill" is my heritage, we had corned beef and cabbage done in the crock-pot, along with onions, tomatoes, garlic and a variety of herbs. Smelled so good cooking I could barely stand it.

Had mashed taters as our side and homemade pound cake for dessert.

Best part of all....there's enough of everything to enjoy it again tomorrow. Yeah!!!!

Corned beef dinner here, too. :yum: I just put the meat in the oven to slow roast for several hours, and am fixin' to prep the veggies - carrots, potatoes, onions, and of course cabbage.

Delish! :yum: Fork tender and so flavorful - especially with the pan juices drizzled over. Looking forward to Reubens.

Attachments

• Corned beef dinner.jpg
    Corned beef dinner.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 123
We had a Danish dish. We call it, "Linda's pot o' pig". I overcooked some sunchokes (the over cooking was unintentional) and made a salad and used yesterday's blue cheese dressing. I really enjoyed that supper. Stirling wasn't so fond of the overcooked sunchokes, but enjoyed the rest of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_190844.jpg
    IMG_20190317_190844.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20190317_190713.jpg
    IMG_20190317_190713.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 106
I got tired of leftover Pi, and made a last minute decision to go get some cheese enchiladas at a nearby TexMex joint.

No, not Irish, but since I don't like corned beef, cooked cabbage or carrots, that was not a suitable alternative to TexMex. I did have some beer, although it was not green, and not Guinness.

I guess I can go out for fish-n-chips on Cinco de Mayo, just to keep things balanced. :ermm:

CD

No corned beef here even though that was the plan. TB wasn't feeling good last night so didn't have the maui chops and I didn't have the honey garlic wings. It was a choice of freezing them or eating them fresh so I cooked it up today with baked taters, salad for me and cucs and tomatoes for TB. It was very good. I will probably do the corned beef on Tuesday.

Hey, when you have (a drop) of Irish blood in you corned beef doesn't need to be served on a certain day.

Yup, I just made that up! :cool:

What's On Your Plate St. Patty Day Sunday 3/17/2019?

DSC01021.jpg
DSC01019.jpg
DSC01018.jpg
DSC01022.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day Sunday Brunch first off !!!
The theme was GREEN
Green-ish Scrambled Eggs with Chives
Irish Bangers from Trader Joe's
Galia Melon, which is the coolest green-ish flesh color
And for the cook, Cara Cara Orange Supreme
with a cuppa Green Tea
An Bhlasta ?

DSC01023.jpg

Continuing with the green St. Patrick's Day theme
I did a Stir-fry for dinner of
Snow Peas & Chicken
I added loads of fresh Ginger & Garlic in a nice brown sauce
all served atop some steamed White Rice
An Bhlasta ?

Well, big surprise, I'll be doing the traditional "Irish-American" dinner tonight. I also might actually do that Key Lime pie since I'll make it green.
I claim half Irish heritage so I expect to be kissed. :lucky::kiss::lucky:

Great looking dinner Cheryl..ours looked like yours but here's a pic of the actual St. Paddy's Day pie I actually made. Swoon, so good.

Attachments

• P3170010[1].jpg
    P3170010[1].jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 98
  • P3170008[1].jpg
    P3170008[1].jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 101
I got tired of leftover Pi, and made a last minute decision to go get some cheese enchiladas at a nearby TexMex joint.

No, not Irish, but since I don't like corned beef, cooked cabbage or carrots, that was not a suitable alternative to TexMex. I did have some beer, although it was not green, and not Guinness.

I guess I can go out for fish-n-chips on Cinco de Mayo, just to keep things balanced. :ermm:

CD

I'm with you C-Dog!
I do not care for Corned Beef, nor do I like boiled Cabbage or Carrots.
My Mother would make that with the Potatoes and just cook it all to death.
Now, if you want to give me non-mushy veg, I'll eat it, along with some braised meat and maybe some nice gravy ... I think that's called STEW! :LOL:

I'm with you C-Dog!
I do not care for Corned Beef, nor do I like boiled Cabbage or Carrots.
My Mother would make that with the Potatoes and just cook it all to death.
Now, if you want to give me non-mushy veg, I'll eat it, along with some braised meat and maybe some nice gravy ... I think that's called STEW! :LOL:

I wish you were here to help me eat my Pi day meat pie, which is basically beef stew in a pie. I keep eating it, and it just doesn't seem to get smaller. I'm good for one more slice, and then Psycho-Poodle get's Christmas in March.

CD

Back
Top Bottom