What's on your plate this date, 8-19-2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Spicy korean glazed beef meatballs, wings with spicy Korean glaze, homemade tater tots with spicy mayo and Asian pickles. Gochujang was predominant since we ended up with so much.

I made a simple but very tasty dish - roasted guinea fowl with semi baked potatoes and long stemmed broccoli spears.

The roasting method ensures a crispy underside. I rubbed the skin all over with oil that had some salt and (this time) paprika (replacing the pepper) - much nicer.

Heated oven to 450 degrees. Placed bird in an oiled tin on its side for 20 mins, then the other side for 15 mins. Removed some of the oil in tin at this stage. Finally upright for the last 30 mins. (2 shelves above this had the halved large potatoes that had been criss crossed # and oiled - like a semi baked potato with a crusty top). I leave the bird upside down for about 5 mins when it is done, so juices go into the breast.

It was very tasty and savoury heaven! :yum:

Breakfast. Home fries with red onion, apple chicken sausages, and an oven omelet with sauteed mushrooms and Fontina cheese.

creative, you roasted your bird like I sleep at night! Except for the "upright" part. ;)

I made a quickie meal tonight. Orange chicken from Trader Joe's over steamed rice with green beans in oyster sauce.

One of my favorite "go to" meals GG. I cut the included sauce with more OJ, and add green onions and bell pepper if I have it. Deeeeelish..

Tonight's meal was memorable. I followed Katie's idea of pork with Herbs de Provence, with a twist.

I trimmed and pounded out a salt and peppered pork tenderloin and smeared it "heavy handed" on both sides with Dijon mustard and a heavy crust of Herbs de Provence without lavender on both sides. Then I broiled it without turning on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes. I honestly think it's the best pork I've ever cooked.

We also had corn on the cob, slightly blanched, then cut off the cob and fried in butter with fresh basil ribbons, and glorified green salad.

Pulled lasagna out of the freezer and had that, along with fresh baked bread. I haven't made bread in over two months, but I've been missing it. It was so good, and I'm ashamed to admit we devoured half a loaf between the two of us. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom