What's on your plate? Wednesday, 4/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I using a Giada Di Laurentiis recipe for short ribs with tagliatelle with a substitution of chuck roast in place of the ribs.

Grilled pork cutlet with red onion and peppers simmered in garlic wine sauce, baby kale with orzo.

We just ordered Indian: onion bhajia, chicken Madras, and lamb patiala. We told them roti instead of rice. We will nuke some brown basmati to go with the meal.

A pic of our dinner. That romesco sauce rocked! Fiddlehead ferns didn't taste like much other than what they were cooked with, garlic, olive oil, S and P, kind of a disappointment for me but maybe that's what they are supposed to do.
37240-albums1008-picture6213.jpg

Sounds good, Andy...I was just going to ask about the chocolate when I saw that you omitted it. :yum: I'll have to try this.

This afternoon's dinner was a shimp/pasta salad, loaded up with crunchy veggies and a throw together vinaigrette. Toasted garlic bread on the side.

Leftovers from the three different mains from today's photoshoot--spatchcocked quail with wild leek/ramps (the Brits call wild leeks ramps is what I learned yesterday when I picked up the wild leeks) pesto, spinach salad with the bulbs made into a dressing--the Chef highlighted the ingredients beautifully; a bit of risotto that had asparagus, wild leeks and morels (waste of morels, IMO) (the Chef missed the mark on that one), and a pasta dish with fiddlehead ferns that just didn't make the cut--not because of the fiddleheads, it was the rest of the recipe. I'm stuffed. The result was 1 recipe got a thumbs' up (quail), the other two got a thumbs' down. Not my recipes, but it is frustrating sometimes. I knew those two recipes were not going to fly...

Last edited:
I made chicken with apricots and dates in a Morrocan spice mix. Served over whole wheat couscous scenes with argan oil.

Evil, evil food tonight. I grilled cheese sandwiches that included bacon AND hot dog. Sides were potato AND pasta salads. I think we've reached our carb/sodium/nitrates limit for the month...and half of May. A return to more sensible eating tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom