What's on your table tonight, March 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
What? I can't believe no one has posted today's menu plans.

Okay, then, here I go.

We're having baked ham, scalloped potatoes with cheese, buttered green beans, corn-on-the-cob, iced tea and, for dessert, pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing.

We're having a small get-together for a friend's birthday at fake Japanese restaurant called Kabuki here in Hollywood. We've eaten here several times and with a sizable party we always order the big boat with a bit of everything on it. The prices are very reasonable because the chain is Korean owned.

Last edited:
I pulled a package of our hot dogs out of the freezer for a quick and easy dinner.

Kathleen will be late tonight.

What? I can't believe no one has posted today's menu plans.
Me too. I was looking earlier but decided to not post one because I did yesterday's topic.

I'm worn out from the effort of yesterday's experiment with my own version of Shrimp with Crispy Walnuts since I had to create my own recipe as I worked, and had to take copious notes so that the next time it will be better. I've created recipes before and not taken notes, thinking that surely I would remember what I did, and that always ends up with me forgetting. :)

So I'm going to stick with something simple tonight. I'm not willing to drive to the market so I'm limited to what's in the freezer: Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken (stir fry), TJ's BBQ Teriyaki Chicken (stir fry), or (you guessed it, TJ's again) a chicken pot pie.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm tempted to the chicken pot pie because it's easiest and no dirty pans to wash, but the Mandarin Orange Chicken sounds best particularly because I like to "amp" it with onions (cut 1" squares) and I have some lychees that'll really go well with the orange chicken.

I made some marinated spicy chicken tenders, and guacamole. Chopped up some purple onions and bell peppers, served with corn tortillas and tostadas for dipping.

We ordered out. Italian sub for the DH and chicken wings for me. It's taking forever. They said it would take over an hour because they have so many orders.

It's snowy out and the roads and sidewalks are covered in snow. Why would a bunch of people want their food delivered? :LOL:

After more running around today, running errands, we stopped and got take-out Chinese. I have really been in the mood for it lately. :yum::yum:

Did a plated dinner for 280ppl tonight, so I had what they had: Cornmeal crusted rainbow trout, with wilted spinach, toasted pine nuts, browned butter, and olive oil poached fingerling potatoes.

I cooked tonight.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips and marinated in EVOO, grated fresh garlic, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes and my AP seasoning blend) and fresh broccoli sautéed in grape seed oil and EVOO (that was infused with fried slivered fresh garlic that was removed when golden). Chicken stock, fried garlic slivers, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes added, covered, and steamed until broccoli and chicken were tender and fully cooked. Tossed with Trader Joe’s spinach and chive linguini topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and fresh ground red pepper flakes.

img_1114209_0_9f27619f563bfe75ac3f52f88a2c9938.jpg

I folded: Trader Joe's chicken pot pie. Caesar salad with that. And Brussels sprouts, from frozen. Not much cleanup for me tonight.

Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The yungun and I are on our own and neither of us was particularly hungry or ambitious to cook much.

wow mofet. i can just taste that.

you're back. :)

i had to come into work early because of some otj political b.s., so i skipped dinner. i still managed to pick up dinner for dw and the boy from a local asian vodoo vegematarian restaurant (it's really an organic asian vegetarian place, but they lose me with the magic healing crapola).

organic vegematarian dim sum. pumpkin soup, and imitation chicken wraps. only the best imitation food for my family. :sleep:

i'm now having roast pork yat gaw mein soup, and bbq rib tips over veggie fried rice. :pig:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom