What's on your table, Wednesday, 7-29-20?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Mille-feuille shabu-shabu ready to cook. Plated wirh sauces of peanut and lime chile soy. Broth and noodles after main.

Attachments

• 2020-07-29 17.54.02.jpg
    2020-07-29 17.54.02.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 2020-07-29 18.11.49.jpg
    2020-07-29 18.11.49.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 72
Had salad - spring mix greens, sliced mushrooms, tomato, black olives, rotisserie chicken dressed with Ken's Caesar.

Several nameless household members were not caught, though the evidence was there: forks in the sink and A little nibble here, a nibble there-- yesterdays rigatoni, meant for tonight's leftovers. Well, hardly. Maybe a few more nibbles for lunch tomorrow. It's like cold pizza.

Dinner tonight was BLT's with chips. One can hardly say either of us is very hungry.

I was going to make fiskefrikadeller, but we got a grocery order delivered and there was smoked salmon and cream cheese in the order. I got more bagels in yesterday's delivery. Oh yeah, that was delicious. I got the salmon on special. I was going to get it in any case, but when I saw it was on special, I grabbed two (usually Cdn $18.99 for 300 grams, but this worked out to Cdn $19.99 for two packages, w00t!).

Lasagna! Not a normal summer food but DH pointed out today was National Lasagna Day. So I made a small one for us instead of the planned burgers.

We also had grilled kielbasa, which was first poached in beer and with sauerkraut, my homemade grainy mustard and sprigs of thyme from the garden. Skillet sauté of thinly sliced potatoes and green beans from the garden, with a mayo-mustard sauce.
20200729_202112.jpg

I tested out my new-to-me larger Weber kettle grill with a chuck eye roast and some grilled zucchini from the garden, along with some steamed corn on the cob. It turned out great! I was only sad I had to rush off to a work training, so I couldn't relax and savor it! 20200730_123732.jpg

Back
Top Bottom