What's pho your dinner Friday, 7-21-2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Obviously, we are having pho. Broth is made and in freezer. I really hope we like it because there's a LOT of it. Thin sliced sirloin, bean sprouts, pho noodles, shitaki's, onions, and maybe some of the sweet/hot red peppers we have left from last night's dinner will be the fillers.

A friend and I are heading up to The Lake. I cooked a brisket in the pressure cooker, spaghetti sauce, pasta salad, and wild rice casserole and fruit salad for the Elders. What the caregiver picks, doesn't matter to me, we are having walleye.

Opted for BLT's last night so its open faced meatloaf sandwiches topped with brown gravy and a side of baked beans tonight..

Strawberry/peach shortcake for dessert..

Ross

The Monsoon Rains just started and its just pouring buckets, bangin' and aboomin' and I'm hoping that it passes by before dinner hour.
I want to grill some B/S BBQ Chicken Thighs, Corn on the cob and a pot of Baked beans, with Hazelnut & Salted Caramel ice cream for dessert.
WANT is the optimum word here.
Now I've figured out why the neighbors on the other side of us grill at 10am, they get a jump on the Monsoon Rains ;)

We're going to the neighborhood Third Friday Cocktail Party (& potluck) tonight. I made white wine and citrus sangria this morning and am assembling a platter of homemade pickles to go with whatever everyone else brings [emoji2]

K'girl, one of my pickle offerings is the flower-shaped Namasu you posted a while back. Just FYI, the recipe on your blog doesn't say when to add the ginger. I put it in the pot when I heated the rice vinegar and sugar (I substituted honey from our hives for the sugar). Can't wait to taste it :yum:

I also made honey cake in my gorgeous honeycomb cake pan :wub:
0721171803a_HDR.jpg

We are going to be gone until tomorrow night. My sisters and spouses are meeting tonight in Chama NM which is one departure for a narrow gauge train ride...Home - Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

We are doing the day long ride together tomorrow, so will be eating at various places in Chama.

Beth, I looked at your link - ohmygosh, this looks like a beautiful train ride! Have a great time! I love trains, and really enjoy the scenic tours they offer. The last one I went on was through Glacier Natl. Park in Montana. (I'm looking at you, PF. :))

Delicious looking and sounding dinners so far! GG, love those little honeycomb shaped cakes, and the potluck sounds fun. :yum:

Not sure yet what's for dinner here...Ross's idea of meat loaf sounds good, thinking I might take a couple of slices out of the freezer and make a small salad to go with it.

our pho

-mh7efr4J26qwejQJIIGMfFaLc0QPpEeHpWE7UyZSYopX92IB

medtran that looks pretty photastic!

beth, that sounds like a great train trip! I hope you and your family have a great time.

I'll be making dinner-plate dinner salads for us tonight. Lot of cooling veggies. First, I have to get of the laptop! :LOL:

We're going to the neighborhood Third Friday Cocktail Party (& potluck) tonight. I made white wine and citrus sangria this morning and am assembling a platter of homemade pickles to go with whatever everyone else brings [emoji2]

K'girl, one of my pickle offerings is the flower-shaped Namasu you posted a while back. Just FYI, the recipe on your blog doesn't say when to add the ginger. I put it in the pot when I heated the rice vinegar and sugar (I substituted honey from our hives for the sugar). Can't wait to taste it :yum:

I also made honey cake in my gorgeous honeycomb cake pan :wub:
View attachment 27317

Great catch there GG!!
I wrote that when I was really new at blogging; I don't write down many of the recipes that I make... I do now and keep notes as well. I had think about it as I edited my post at what point I toss in the ginger, but yours will be perfumed well. Some folks grate the ginger, but I like the chunks under my teeth.

I do hope that you and your neighbors enjoy the Namasu, it makes a lovely side dish to BBQ especially.

And btw, that honey coke looks smashing!

I did Sous Vide stuffed burgers, on brioche buns. Stuffed with sharp cheddar, buns from a local bakery, slider sized. A side salad of romaine and strawberries, with toasted pecans and ramen noodles, which was quite the departure for me, and worked out well.

We are going to be gone until tomorrow night. My sisters and spouses are meeting tonight in Chama NM which is one departure for a narrow gauge train ride...Home - Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad

We are doing the day long ride together tomorrow, so will be eating at various places in Chama.

Beth, many, many moons ago, I was going cross country to go back home to Boston. We stopped at a gas/café to get something to eat. It had started snowing and a State Trooper stopped in to check on the place. He asked where we were headed and I told him Boston. Like he couldn't tell by my accent. He warned us to make sure once we got back on the road to not stop until we were out of the mountains. He told us that there were bandits? who come down out of the mountains and will stand in the middle of the road and rob the occupants of the car. Oh joy! He also mentioned should we see a man in the middle of the road and he refuses to move, it is okay to hit him. Just keep going! DON'T STOP!

I didn't know our car could go that fast. We even beat the snowstorm that was trying to get some steam up. After we had been driving for about five minutes, my son told me to open the glove compartment and get the gun out! What? I didn't even know he had that in there. He had spotted a man crouched down of the other side of the highway. I think that was the most harrowing ride I ever had.

I had a small bowl of Angel Hair pasta with just butter. It wasn't really very satisfying, but it was just something to eat.

I am trying to eat anything at least once each day.

I did Sous Vide stuffed burgers, on brioche buns. Stuffed with sharp cheddar, buns from a local bakery, slider sized. A side salad of romaine and strawberries, with toasted pecans and ramen noodles, which was quite the departure for me, and worked out well.

Do you sear the burgers before eating them?

Back
Top Bottom