What's Sup(per) on Saturday, 3-9-2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I had to rescue Thursday's meatloaf from Himself's nibbling to make sure we had enough left over for sandwiches. :LOL: We'll have those on more of my homemade bread. Still have canned soup to use up - I can't resist Progresso when I can buy them for 69 cents a can with a qualifying purchase (must buy 5) - so we might split a can to go with our sandwiches. Or maybe a small salad.

What's your plan?

We are going to neighbors for dinner tonight...neighbors who buy beef from another neighbor within sight of our community. I've heard we are having either spaghetti or hamburgers. i'm taking fresh bread.

Shakshuka with kefta.

Attachments

• 2019-03-09 17.56.06.jpg
    2019-03-09 17.56.06.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 139
I bought fresh pizza dough. Tonight's pizza is fresh mozz, artichokes, red onion, black olives and a scattering of fresh arugula. Wasn't aiming for vegetarian, but there it is.

Good sounding dinners here today, all. :yum:

I had some bacon strips left over from yesterday, so I warmed them up, chopped them, and made a BLT salad. It gave me a chance to use the last yummy tomato from the farmers market, and use up some other produce.

Homemade 1000 Island dressing to top, and some garlicky sourdough croutons I made this morning.

It was another warm day, so I fired up the gasser (my gas Weber grill), and grilled some chicken thighs seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic and ancho chili powder.

Taco Saturday! Wonderful grilled chicken on flour torts with lettuce, crumbled cheese and Mateo's Hatch Chili salsa. Simple, but certainly better than Taco Bell. :chef:

Leftover grilled chicken for a sammy tomorrow. :yum:

CD

Stirling made tacos. I chopped the onions, lettuce, tomato, and garlic. I also chopped up some of the Belgian endive. Since it wasn't a large amount, it worked well. It was really yummy. We had Margaritas with supper. Olé!
fiesta.gif

I tried a new recipe tonight. Creamy Chipotle Chicken Meatballs. It was really good. We had it over rice and there was plenty of gravy/sauce to cover the rice.

I didn't take a photo but here's the link: Creamy Chipotle Butter Chicken Meatballs Recipe | Little Spice Jar

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of chicken meatballs but they were OK in this recipe. I think I'll use beef or pork next time. The sauce is rich and delicious.

I tried a new recipe tonight. Creamy Chipotle Chicken Meatballs. It was really good. We had it over rice and there was plenty of gravy/sauce to cover the rice.

I didn't take a photo but here's the link: Creamy Chipotle Butter Chicken Meatballs Recipe | Little Spice Jar

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of chicken meatballs but they were OK in this recipe. I think I'll use beef or pork next time. The sauce is rich and delicious.
And I'll bet you didn't know it was National Meatball Day!!

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...meatball-honor-national-meatball-day-61545111

I'll have to give these a try. Not that I've made meatballs very often, but I've baked them, rather than fry them. Makes life a lot easier when you are making a big batch, as a half sheet baking pan holds a lot more than a fry pan does.

Last Night's Montreal-Rubbed Rib-Eye, Air Fries, Carrots 'n Pearls, and a Lettuce Salad of sorts, w/ Ranch Dressing and Bacon Pieces ...

Lettuce Salad.jpg

Rib-Eye, Fries, Carrots 'n Pearls.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom