What's the best dish you've ever invented?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favorite original recipe

I made a bonless stuffed chicken breast last night. It was stuffed with finely chopped fresh rosemary, lemon thyme, varigated sage, Italian parsley, crushed garlic and shallot. This was mixed with sofenend butter. I pounded the breast until it was 1/4" an placed all but about 1/4 tsb of the butter/herb mix in the center and added fresh gound 5-peppercorn pepper and rolled it and tucked the ends inside. I then mixed the remaining butter/herb mix with fine (homemade) breadcrumbs and patted on the top (the open side is placed down). I chilled this for about 30 minutes then placed in a baking pad with 1/2 acorn squash splattered with fresh ground pepper and then baked. When done I deglazed the baking pan with white vermouth and chicken stock and simmered until reduced and mixed in 1 tsp of better, stirred and poured over chicken. I added butter only to the squash cavity. I made a salad of romaine, black olives, radishes, raw carrots, broccli, caulflower, scallions, adn my homemade ranch. I enjoyed it. Since I do not measure, I hope I can remember what I did for next time.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

I don't know if I "invented this", but I have been making this ever since I was allowed to use the stove, unsupervised....

Fried left-over spaghetti noodles - tossed with bread crumbs and diced dill pickles....until the noodles are crunchy.

It sounds awful, but jeepers-creepers, I LOVE IT!

Maybe I should post this to the comfort food subject...or leave well enough alone, before I get banned? LOL

GetMeTheBigKnife said:
I don't know if I "invented this", but I have been making this ever since I was allowed to use the stove, unsupervised....

Fried left-over spaghetti noodles - tossed with bread crumbs and diced dill pickles....until the noodles are crunchy.

It sounds awful, but jeepers-creepers, I LOVE IT!

Maybe I should post this to the comfort food subject...or leave well enough alone, before I get banned? LOL

You get an A for creativity but you are now banned. :LOL:

Well. the one that is the best I'm keeping secret for now, but the one that got me into a national contest is the luckiest! :LOL:

astro said:
Well. the one that is the best I'm keeping secret for now, but the one that got me into a national contest is the luckiest! :LOL:

I would like to compete but I can't afford to travel unless I find a partner with money. :LOL:

my stuffed tuna steak.
mix seeded, diced tomato, crumbled blue cheese, a chiffonade of basil, and stuff into a slit cut into a tuna steak. season the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. prop up w/ foil or skewer it shut and grill or broil. meanwhile, wilt some early-pick baby spinach till bright green in some olive oil and fresh garlic. season the spinach w/ seasalt and fresh-cracked black pepper, and plate. put the tuna steak over it and serve with something that contrasts nicely in color and texture.
i have several others but this is the one on my mind right now, yum. toasted walnuts can be thrown into the cheese/tomato mixture or added to the spinach. oh, and it's good if you pour just a drizzle of warm olive oil over the whole thing.

sounds yummay norgeskog and luvs!

GetMe.. the jury is still out on yours... but as long as you enjoyed it

GetMeTheBigKnife,

Just so you'll know no one has EVER been banned for posting a recipe - but don't push it with THAT one ;) :P

Oh wait, someone was actually banned for a recipe and reported to their ISP and got in a whole lot of trouble - I don't even have the courage to even remotely comment on what the ingredient was in the recipes they posted :oops:

Does this noodle dish have sort of a sauerkraut taste? I guess it would really be no different than some macaroni/pasta salads with pickle relish in them. I like fried dill pickles and they lose a lot of the "sour" after cooked. You've ALMOST got me curious enough to try it!! :shock:

kitchenelf said:
GetMeTheBigKnife,

Just so you'll know no one has EVER been banned for posting a recipe - but don't push it with THAT one ;) :P

You've ALMOST got me curious enough to try it!! :shock:

Just add some butter to a fry pan and toss in the noodles. Toss in a handfull of breadcrumbs...and do the wrist toss that amazes all NON cooks let 'em blend as they fry....then dice up some dill pickles and toss 'em in...Once the noodles get crusty - Plate 'em up and eat.

Its really best when the noodles get a crusty in a cluster....you will know it when you see it.

OK, is it the breadcrumbs that come in the round cardboard container? Or more like panko breadcrumbs?

You're right about the hand-toss thing - non-cooks are definately amazed. But it sure does get things tossed faster and better!!!! I taught my son how to flip his over easy eggs - he made about 2 dozen eggs over the next few days for he and his friends so he could practice!!!! LOL

kitchenelf said:
You're right about the hand-toss thing - non-cooks are definately amazed. But it sure does get things tossed faster and better!!!! I taught my son how to flip his over easy eggs - he made about 2 dozen eggs over the next few days for he and his friends so he could practice!!!! LOL

I know all about the wrist toss gig for winning friends and admiration - at a camping trip I flipped a couple dozen eggs on a dare. I did it!!! Naturally they weren't over easy...all 24...that's just insane. But, they were blended with milk and cooking over an open fire when I saw the need to swirl and wrist flip to the biggest omlet our gang ever saw! I became the breakfast hero that weekend.

I cook a lot, but I don't think I've ever invented anything.

I've tweaked and subbed ingredients of existing recipes, but I can't ever recall having a single original thought when it comes to cooking. Everything I do is patterned after something that's already been done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom