What's the dinner plan? Sun.1/27/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm defrosting thighs for the southern Country Captain Chicken recipe I've been wanting to try.

Never made it or tasted it before but it sounds like a down home Sunday kind of dinner to me.
What's going on at your house today?:chef:

I have quite a bit of garlic left from last season and it is starting to go so I am going to use up a few heads and make a garlic soup..we'll have that with some grilled ham and cheddar sandwiches..

Not sure yet. Right now I’m leaning towards breakfast for dinner. Sausages, hashbrowns, eggs over easy. I’m thinking I can do all of this with one hand.

Not sure yet. Right now I’m leaning towards breakfast for dinner. Sausages, hashbrowns, eggs over easy. I’m thinking I can do all of this with one hand.

I gotta hand it to you dude! Pun intended. I'd be whining a bunch about cooking without two hands. Geeze, I'd be in a world of trouble without my right hand especially. Hope it's good as new sooner than expected.

I gotta hand it to you dude! Pun intended. I'd be whining a bunch about cooking without two hands. Geeze, I'd be in a world of trouble without my right hand especially. Hope it's good as new sooner than expected.

Thanks Kayelle. Sadly, I can't even start real physical therapy for another 4 weeks. I'm just doing some finger stretching exercises. My younger daughter is coming for dinner Tuesday and we're (she's) making empanadas for our dinner. We're going to use some empanada presses I got for Christmas. I'll have some leftovers for easy meals. There are plenty of easy recipes you can make. I made carbonara last night. Pretty easy.

Andy, I was hoping your daughter would be helping Dad while SO is away, and it will be a fun bonding time to cook with her on Tuesday. Empanada's with new gadgets is a win win and hope we get a report.

I'll be having a tostada, and a small fresh fruit salad on the side.

Yum....Craig and Cara...jambalaya sounds so good. :yum:

Kay, I'm hoping you'll share your Country Captain recipe along with a pic! This is something I've intended to make for a year or so and just haven't gotten around to it. My bookmark is still on the recipe page for it in my Cooks Country cookbook. :)

I have quite a bit of garlic left from last season and it is starting to go so I am going to use up a few heads and make a garlic soup..we'll have that with some grilled ham and cheddar sandwiches..
.....That was pretty rich..I think the dog is going to be sleeping downstairs tonight..

Attachments

• 51221395_346028086240844_6058225639306035200_n (2).jpg
    51221395_346028086240844_6058225639306035200_n (2).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 127
Andy, I was hoping your daughter would be helping Dad while SO is away, and it will be a fun bonding time to cook with her on Tuesday. Empanada's with new gadgets is a win win and hope we get a report.

Kayelle, both my daughters are eager to help. All I have to do is ask.

.....That was pretty rich..I think the dog is going to be sleeping downstairs tonight..

The DOG Roch? :LOL:

Everything sounds just wonderful everyone and Cara, nice to meet you.

Andy, so glad you have some help

Dinner here in the middle of the desert
pizza night.jpg
DH got his wish … now where's the antacids? :)
I made two small-ish Pizzas
This first one has Anchovy on only three pieces
I truly do not care for Anchovy :ermm:

Geez, the first thing they teach you in NJ schools is you always have an alibi on hand. You don't send them downstairs.

Then in first grade, the many uses of rope, lime, and a shovel.

I'm defrosting thighs for the southern Country Captain Chicken recipe I've been wanting to try.

Never made it or tasted it before but it sounds like a down home Sunday kind of dinner to me.
What's going on at your house today?:chef:
Now I know why this recipe is so beloved in the southern USA and glad I know about it now. I made mine with skin on, bone in thighs because that's how I roll. The thighs were seasoned in flour and browned golden at half heat for 11 minutes on each side without moving them. I learned that somewhere for a dish like this, and it works perfectly.

I finished the completed skillet in a 375 oven for 25 min, and served it on top of a combo of Jasmine and Wild Rice (frozen from Christmas). All the recipes I looked at were all about the same with the contents and seasonings. The flavor profile is outa sight. :yum: This sure won't be the last time I make this.
Dang, this is good stuff folks!

Attachments

• P1270006[1].jpg
    P1270006[1].jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom