What's the food plan for TGIF 8/20/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It will either be english muffin BLT's or TLT's or english muffin pizza (or some of each cut and shared).
Any plans?

My daughter is coming for dinner so I'm roasting a chicken. We'll have roasted corn on the cob and pilaf to go with it.

I have to check the fridge, it might be clean out the fridge night. Or we might just have appys tonight. I'm in the mood to eat wings and potato skins and that kind of stuff.

well, Joy of Cooking is calling it a cheese custard pie, and incidentally has an intriguing intro to the recipe (1973 edition); but I call it a quiche. Will use some Jarlesberg cheese for the pie...also a pasta salad..

I think DH is planning chicken tonight. That's all I know. Since I am loving his experimentation with flavours I am happy to be surprised!

Our local grocery store has local crab meat for $11.99 a lb, so we'll have crab cakes, corn on the cob and french fries tonight. I love this time of the year! Finnally crab meat is affordable.

I think DH is planning chicken tonight. That's all I know. Since I am loving his experimentation with flavours I am happy to be surprised!
Holy Cow!! You created a cooking tornado!! LOL Enjoy it while it lasts.

I did my bi-weekly trip to Costco yesterday, and along with a lot of other stuff, I picked up two small lobster tails. This morning I opened the fridge, and nearly buckled from the bad fish smell!! :sick: The package sell date is Aug. 24, 5 days from yesterday.
Needless to say, I was madder than a wet hen. I headed back to Costco again (30 miles round trip) with my smelly lobster in the trunk of the car, got my 20 bucks back, and left a big piece of my mind with the manager. :glare: Dang, I had my mouth all set for a lobster treat, but it will take some time to get over that horrible smell.
I don't have the slightest idea now, what's for dinner tonite.
GRRRRR.......

Last edited:
I did my bi-weekly trip to Costco yesterday, and along with a lot of other stuff, I picked up two small lobster tails. This morning I opened the fridge, and nearly buckled from the bad fish smell!! :sick: The package sell date is Aug. 24!! Needless to say, I was madder than a wet hen. I headed back to Costco again (30 miles round trip) with my smelly lobster in the trunk of the car, got my 20 bucks back, and left a big piece of my mind with the manager. :glare: Dang, I had my mouth all set for a lobster treat, but it will take some time to get over that horrible smell.
I don't have the slightest idea now, what's for dinner tonite.
GRRRRR.......
OH YUCK!!! I hope you don't have butter in the fridge or freezer. That picks smell up easy. Although the new Land O' Lakes wrappers help a bit but I usually buy store brand unless LO'L is on sale.

Make sesame noodles!! LOL

My daughter put her order in for the noodles tomorrow and bean salad because they taste really good together.

Oh cripe, Msmofit....I bought butter too, gotta go check it.:mad:

Bean salad? What bean salad, huh huh?? :shock: Try the sesame noodles with thin spaghetti sometime, I like it best that way. ;)

I did my bi-weekly trip to Costco yesterday.......

We are doing that tomorrow (hopefully). Our 1st "shopping" trip there...we did a 1-day pass 2-weeks ago but didn't buy anything but a membership.

I'm making burgers on the griill and we'll have salads for sides.

Oh cripe, Msmofit....I bought butter too, gotta go check it.:mad:

Bean salad? What bean salad, huh huh?? :shock: Try the sesame noodles with thin spaghetti sometime, I like it best that way. ;)
LOL We like it with the ramen noodles (did you see the pic I posted of the noodles in the bowl before tossing?) they are really good.

I made the bean salad and had some with my dinner tonight. There is plenty left for tomorrow per daughters request LOL.

TLT - English muffin, Taylor Ham (Pork Roll), lettuce, tomato and mayo & bean salad.

img_915540_0_3ea9f93a1f36a620bc74ba452f38ebbe.jpg

img_915540_1_0859ee25ffd717526f2a85f251ede719.jpg

My new favorite mug!! On the right is a Correlle mug on left is my new Cracker Barrel monster mug. I can’t wait to use it for soup & chilli.

img_915540_2_93c885e8738f8100f57eb282e3efb626.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom