What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i agree 'bug. pulled pork is bbq'd pork, just manually pulled (by hand or fork) from the bone into shreds and strings. often the shreds are mixed with more bbq sauce.

erik also described sliced bbq pork, another way of serving pork..

should we get in to the wet or dry, east or west, vinegar/tomato/mustard debates about bbq?

i think i'm having sweet wheat toast with Roka Blue cheese spread and sliced Sicilian olives. maybe i'll just use the sliced green olives that come in a jar? for a drink i think i'll have some milk. :D

leftover turkey leg and thigh with frank's buffalo sauce, leftover sauteed escarole, leftover broccoli salad, pretzels, and a diet coke.

mudbug said:
PA Baker said:
Can someone explain the difference between pork bbq and pulled pork?

I have to disagree with Erik. "Pulled" pork is pulled off the bone by hand in strings and shreds. "Chopped" pork can be pulled off, but is cut up with a knife in chunks.

But it's all barbecued, i.e., cooked "low and slow" over indirect heat. You put bbq sauce on either type either near the very end of the cooking cycle or after you've removed it from the cooker.

Rainee, back me up here.
When I prepare pulled pork at work...it is so tender, that it falls apart that really is no effort. It pulls away from the bone. We put the pork in a bustub or bucket, and with the help of a potato masher it part to give a shredded consistency. I make anywhere between 50-150 lbs of a week.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough...sometimes my fingers type a little faster than my head thinks. Nobody is wrong in my eyes.

buckytom said:
i agree 'bug. pulled pork is bbq'd pork, just manually pulled (by hand or fork) from the bone into shreds and strings. often the shreds are mixed with more bbq sauce.

erik also described sliced bbq pork, another way of serving pork..

should we get in to the wet or dry, east or west, vinegar/tomato/mustard debates about bbq?

I really love the vinegar/red pepper flake based type of sauce that I had in N. Carolina, but have never really been able to duplicate the taste at home.
John.

JohnL said:
I really love the vinegar/red pepper flake based type of sauce that I had in N. Carolina, but have never really been able to duplicate the taste at home.
John.

That sounds really good, John. Here in PA all you can get is the sweet sauce. I need to make a trip down south just to eat (and visit DC friends)! :LOL:

i changed my mind. i made my roka blue toast but got hungry for stouffer's macaroni and cheese instead. that will be coming out of the oven pretty soon. (i don't like it in the microwave.)

Back
Top Bottom