What's the menu for next weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I love this. Thank you Alix!! I'm trying stuff that I've never tried in tasting and/or cooking.

So, what's on for next week? I like the sound of Cajun.
What does everyone else have in mind?

texasgirl said:
So, what's on for next week? I like the sound of Cajun.
I like the sound of that too! I would make Jambalaya and ?, but I'm up for anything. I bet mudbug could give us a few killer cajun recipes...

Dave got a 'dinner for five' coupon from the owner of INOKO Japanese steak house, so he is taking us girls out Saturday night! So that means sunday is leftover Japanese! Friday, I want to try out this pizza recipe one of the DC'ers posted earlier this week, not forgetting to heat up our stone in the oven so we'll have a crispy crust! YUM YUM , can't wait!

tomorrow, we may attempt to go to korean bbq. i'm not sure if we're ready to handle a 22 month old tasmanian devil, and a fire pit in the table.

also, i have 2 huge chuck roasts from costco that will need to be made soon. 1 is a little shorter and thicker with more marbling and less large strips of fat, so it is destined to be a pot roast: tied, seared, and braised until falling apart in some barolo wine, with baby onions, carrots, peppers, and garlic. i may change speed a little and use leeks, garlic, and carrots instead of the trinity.

the other chuck roast, more like a serving platter sized, 1 1/2 inch thick steak, will be cubed and marinated in abjcooking's recently dug up post for a balsamic marinade, then grilled. i'm probably gonna fire up the grill tuesday, so i'll also do some fish with it.

i'm going to the paterson farmer's market over the weekend, so i'm gonna try to hit the halal meat market for lamb, maybe shanks for osso buco for next week as well.

Let's Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

I'm in for doing Cajun next weekend.

Corazon, I think there's a website called cajun.com to get you started looking at recipes. I'll dig up some stuff here and post some other ideas as well during the week.

Just remember that most Cajun cooking is the more rustic, country style of food, as opposed to the more refined Creole. But either is OK with me - both cuisines are tres bon!

http://www.cajun-recipes.com/
Here is one that has a ton of different stuff.
I wish I had a meat grinder, I would make that boudain. I think I'm going to make the chicken, shrimp and sausage gumbo that is on this website. Have to look at the rest of it.

mudbug, can you look at the stuff on here and see if it sounds like the real thing? I know a lot of it, but, as far as the desserts, I don't.
You are from Lousiana, arent' you? My Mammaw is, but, she cant' rememeber very many recipes anymore.

Last edited:
texas - that's beaucoup recipes!!!!

I will look thru that site some more, but quickly, for desserts - pralines, bread pudding (not sure if this one originated in LA, but they make it gooooooood), and bananas Foster are all pretty standard.

Actually, I'm not from Louisiana - dad is. I just love the food, music, heritage, ya-ya gumbo, etc.

I'm gonna post my fave comfort food in separate post for starters - red beans and rice.

Mudbug, care to post a new thread with a sample menu? Then we can each go ahead and research recipes.

Back
Top Bottom