What's the plan Stan? Dinner Wed. 10/10/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm in the mood for some good Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I have a big portabella, a basket of crimini and dried wild mushrooms along with dried prochini. I also have Better Than Bullion "mushroom flavor", several shallots, fresh thyme & parsley, white wine, heavy cream, light cream and fresh grated nutmeg.

:rolleyes:It will not be done in a crockpot. :LOL:

What's happening at your house?

The plan is stir fry - tofu, eggplant, baby bok choy, mushrooms, onion, scallion and bean threads tossed with homemade garlic sauce.

With 80 degree temperatures, it's probably the last blast of summer here in Northern New England. Burgers on the grill, roasted brussel sprouts, cole slaw.

We’re both down with hellacious head colds, so I picked up a roasted chicken at Smith’s and some bottled bleu cheese dressing. I’ve got some good mak kimchi as well, so some kind of meal should be forthcoming.

Kayelle, that sounds wonderful! I NEVER make soup in the slow cooker.
I just read an article about how you shouldn't do that, it makes for not so great soup :chef:

001.jpg

I grilled 2 Salmon fillets and a very large zucchini,
served with some steamed white rice
and diced tomatoes for DH (not me).
Leftover Cheesecake from the freezer for dessert :yum:

I'm in the mood for some good Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I have a big portabella, a basket of crimini and dried wild mushrooms along with dried prochini. I also have Better Than Bullion "mushroom flavor", several shallots, fresh thyme & parsley, white wine, heavy cream, light cream and fresh grated nutmeg.

:rolleyes:It will not be done in a crockpot. :LOL:

What's happening at your house?

Kgirl, that comment was in light of the posts about soups in a crockpot being superior.:wacko:
No pictures of my brown soup tonight but let me say, it was "groaning good" like only a good cook can do. Being able to put it together on my own time, with my own skills and ingredients with spectacular results is what cooking is all about. No crockpot can ever do that.:chef:

I decided to make some pasties. I stuffed mine with ground chuck, seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic, and some sautéed onions, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.

CD

Attachments

• Pasty-001.jpg
    Pasty-001.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 137
Himself and I did some late-afternoon errands today, and came home too late for me to want to cook anything. Thankfully, a fresh supply of leftovers was waiting. He finished up the picadillo along with some corn I froze earlier this summer. I finished the chicken saltimbocca, and beets I had roasted last week. Lots of fridge space for when I hit up Aldi on Friday, and two other grocery stores on Saturday.

I had some ham left over from Thanksgiving dinner and fried some cooked carrots and mashed potatoes. My mouth is still a little tender so it was all soft food that was easy to eat.

I had chicken thighs rubbed with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming seasoning and salt for two days (unintentionally). I pan-fried them, added lime juice and made tacos. I also made elotes - corn on the cob brushed with a mixture of mayo, sour cream, lime juice and Penzeys Pico Fruta seasoning. Delish.
1010182030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom