What's the plan Stan Wednesday October 14, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Hopefully I will make an eye round roast, potatoes, spinach and burgundy pan gravy. Maybe mini Yorkshire puds.

Had chicken soup for breakfast and Chobani Perfect Peach Cobbler flip yogurt for lunch.

DH's Buddy from back home recently moved to The Mainland.
He purchased a home in Las Vegas and called last night,
asking if he could come down for a visit :ermm:
WHAT?! OF COURSE you can!

So my plan is to have a Rice cook-off.
I jave BS Chicken Thighs marinating in Teriyaki Sauce as well a big bowl of my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (Kimchi, whatever), and ya gotta have Rice.

So, I'll make a batch in my old faith electric Rice Cooker
AND
IMG_6465.jpg
in my spankin' new Instant Pot®, which I have read all over that it's far superior Rice ...
so we'll see about that.

Tonight was pork chops and onions with red potatoes. Done, you guessed it, in the crock pot! [emoji4] Garlic broccoli and lemon-pepper asparagus for sides.

Next time I'll use 2 large onions instead of just the one called for. There weren't near enough for my taste.

Another winner dinner but sadly no leftovers. 20201014_183840.jpg20201014_183800.jpg

We had baked potatoes for dinner, as we were both tired. Mine was a loaded. Craig had mexican with salsa, jalapenos, cheese and bacon.

Attachments

• 2020-10-14 18.28.00.jpg
    2020-10-14 18.28.00.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 57
I made some pesto, so we had that on some whole grain fusilli. I had a roasted chicken leg and DH had the last of the bean and sausage soup.

Found a couple of cooked breaded chicken cutlets in the freezer so I made a pot of sauce and chicken parm with spaghetti was the result.

38895AE5-AE19-42D0-B4FC-09356B731EBC_1_105_c.jpg

I forgot to cook the zucchini I was planning for the vegetable component of the meal.

Long day in the "big city" today running errands, so leftover brats and sauerkaut and instead of noodles we had buttered fingerling potatoes. More of the shoofly pie with ice cream for dessert.

Tomorrow will be different...to be continued.

Last edited:
Dinner was eye round roast, baked potatoes (butter & sour cream), spinach and burgundy pan gravy.

eye_round_101420_IMG_7282.jpg

Thanks, msm, but it's just bread stuffing like you would make for a bird. I added in chopped up cooked breakfast sausage. I did nuke the squash halves for about 5-7 minutes, then stuffed them and baked on 350 for about 50 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom