What's the scran plan, clan? White Rabbit day, April 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not touching this!:ermm: Last time I got in trouble for my suggestion, as I mentioned steaks from a specific marine mammal.:(

Heading into Ottawa to check out the National Art Gallery of Canada with my daughter. Hopefully I can talk her in to some Pho for a late lunch/early dinner.

Last edited:
I have a 4 pound rib roast I hope to do on the grill. For sides I'm planning baked russets and asparagus. I picked up some young vidalias at the supermarket yesterday that I will grill as well. The young vidalias look like spring onions on steroids.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 107
Smothered P-Chops & Tasso.....
Rice........
Squash casserole.........
Tomato Aspic 'N Avocado Salad...
A couple of Musgoes.....
Chocolate Cake......

Still undecided here. I think I have some ribs that might get done. Sadly, it is snowing and the BBQ is under a big pile of snow. Instead I might end up doing soup or something. Blah...can I go back to Panama for the buffet?

Am thinking cream of asparagus soup with yogurt. And something else....

I have pork chops stewing in the slow cooker with diced tomato, onion and sliced garlic. Served over whole wheat noodles and steamed haricot verte.

We are both still sick. Last night we ordered some Chinese Food - chow mein, almond chicken, egg foo yung and won ton soup. It actually went down well and we have enough for today. My neighbour ran to the store for us to get some juice, soup and other staples.

We have to be better soon - DH doesn't want to take another day off (is off today) and I start my chronic pain program over on Tuesday.

I'm cooking a pork loin in the crock-pot dressed with orange marmalade and baby carrots around. We'll have herbed sliced potatoes and brussels sprouts as sides. Iced tea to drink, along with banana bundt cake with vanilla glaze for dessert.

LP and DH -- hope you are both feeling better soon. We have one Chinese take out that does outstadning eggs fu yung, and another in an opposite direction that does other dishes better. It's always a quandry which one to go to. ( yes, one could do both, but that seems both greedy and over the top)

And speaking of restaurants, my brother was in town and we ( and his kids/Grands) went to the all you care to eat buffet early today. A couple of them have bottemless pits, so it made sense I guess AND Really, if you are going to the buffet, I guess it's wise to go early and linger... I have to admit I had both soft serve ice cream and some warm chocolate pudding- cake.

I made a pot of baby lima beans using all the stocks in my freezer and 2 meaty turkey neck pieces. I've got several cups of stock to return to the freezer and the meat from the turkey neck pieces to strip and return to the pot.

Back
Top Bottom