What's to eat today for Supper! 9/5/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made salads full of goodies today, then we grazed on leftovers. I had a topless burger (I ate the top part of the brioche roll for breakfast, toasted) with mushrooms and provolone, Himself had mushrooms and American. No sides - we were saving room for slivers of cake.

The salad:

Attachments

• 2015-09-05 21.36.05.jpg
    2015-09-05 21.36.05.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 184
Last night we had pizza. Started with Mama Mary's pre baked thin and crispy pizza crust. Added olive oil, plain tomato sauce, oregano, spices, grated parmesan, romano, mozzarella cheeses, red and green bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, black olives and pepperoni. Pre heated oven to 500F placed in oven on pizza stone and 3 minutes later was done.

Taxy....what a great looking meatloaf - good job, Stirling!

CG - your salad looks scrumptious. I love 'meal-on-a-plate' salads. :yum:

Addie - you made A LOT of macaroni! Did you have company for dinner? :chef:

CG, that salad looks like a yummy whole meal...

...CG - your salad looks scrumptious. I love 'meal-on-a-plate' salads...
Thank you, ladies.
smiley-ashamed002.gif
We really ate dinner in stages, with gaps between each course. The salad was more like lupper, we picked on leftovers once that settled, with the cake being more like a curtain-call. ;)

I tried out a very successful recipe for Duck Confit. (I think I got it from this forum actually i.e. baking marinaded duck legs for hours at Mk. 2 then crisping up on a higher heat). I combined it with a recipe I had for a french marinade overnight (bayleaves, chopped garlic, fresh thyme and salt).

I used the lower shelf to bake an egg custard (another recipe - but from a magazine). Soft, delicate consistency. Good.

Back
Top Bottom