What's up, Buttercup? Dinner 8/15/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having spaghetti with clam and sausage marinara. And you?

Left overs. I'm not feeling tip-top and the thought of cooking and eating makes me gag right now. DH can pull out of the fridge whatever he wants to eat. I'll settle for some toast.

It's 101 degrees in the shade here.No A/C..:ohmy:
Tonight it's Root Beer floats or bust!

jabbur, hope you feel better soon.

Munky, you just gave me a flashback to Cleveland, June 25, 1988. We had no air in the house and a high of 104 that day! I remember the day because it was my parents' wedding anniversary. They left their more city location to spend the day in the "country" with us. And so that I could cook. ~ Stay cool, lady. I say chase those root beer floats down with a Fudgsicle. ;)

We'll finish up the last of the proteins (two mini-meatloaves and a couple of Korean BBQ short ribs), split the leftover baked tater, and maybe have tossed salads if I feel like it. I did make a side dish of fresh corn/black beans/tomatoes/red onion/parsley mixed with a small amount of lime/OO dressing. Some of the recipes called for feta mixed in. I have a block of cojita too, so I think we'll top our individual portions with some of that.

108F here :ohmy: but nice and cool in the house, thank goodness.

I scrounged for leftovers and things that needed using up, and ended up baking my last potato in the toaster oven, topped it with the last of the broccoli, shredded cheddar, and green onions, and called that good. It was actually pretty tasty. :yum:

I didn't eat at all today. My stomach is not happy right now. Pirate made the meatloaf tonight. I will have some around four in the morning when I wake up and am looking for something to scrounge. :angel:

It's 101 degrees in the shade here.No A/C..:ohmy:
Tonight it's Root Beer floats or bust!

Holy moley Munky...how are you breathing with that heat and no AC?

108F here :ohmy: but nice and cool in the house, thank goodness.

I scrounged for leftovers and things that needed using up, and ended up baking my last potato in the toaster oven, topped it with the last of the broccoli, shredded cheddar, and green onions, and called that good. It was actually pretty tasty. :yum:

108 Cheryl? Aghhh. What are your Edison bills in the summer?
It's too dang hot here and the AC has been on all day. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I don't feel well with AC on all day. On the other hand, I'll think of Munky and be glad I have it. :wacko:

Too hot to cook, so it's shrimp Tostada take out salads from El Pollo Loco. Thankfully SC is willing to brave opening the door. Agh...

Holy moley Munky...how are you breathing with that heat and no AC?

108 Cheryl? Aghhh. What are your Edison bills in the summer?
It's too dang hot here and the AC has been on all day. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I don't feel well with AC on all day. On the other hand, I'll think of Munky and be glad I have it. :wacko:

Too hot to cook, so it's shrimp Tostada take out salads from El Pollo Loco. Thankfully SC is willing to brave opening the door. Agh...

Minimizing my movements.Why knock myself out.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom