What's Up For Dinner, Doc? 10/13/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I made a pot of chili, using up some more roasted cherry toms. Nice fall day, it called for chili.

What are you having?

Last edited:
Sometimes I hate my job and sometimes I like it. We are closed tomorrow for TG, so my boss said take a couple of steaks out of the case that won't be prime by Tuesday. I snagged a couple of tenderloins. Gonna go with steamed asparagus, and buttered egg noodles...

Going to squeeze dinner in between the end of the Patriots game and the start of the Red Sox game. Gonna grill some Chinese sausages and make a tossed salad. A ganache frosted chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream will be dessert later on.

I made a bowl of refried bean dip for during the early game today. DxW fell asleep on the couch during the first half. That's what happens when you get up at 5 am on a sunday. Anyway, didn't touch the dip, we went right for spare ribs for me and baked chicken for her. Right now I am full up. I guess I will warm up the dip for evening sports.

Go Bean Town.

Last edited:
I made Pork Goulash with Herby Dumplings. (Undoubtedly not a traditional/authentic goulash, but very tasty all the same.) ;)

Sometimes I hate my job and sometimes I like it. We are closed tomorrow for TG, so my boss said take a couple of steaks out of the case that won't be prime by Tuesday. I snagged a couple of tenderloins. Gonna go with steamed asparagus, and buttered egg noodles...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 177
DH suggested meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy, so that's in the works. I'm also toasting some French bread rolls and steaming peas to go alongside. House smells wonderful.

Oh that looks so good Roch.

We had pork schnitzel, potatoes, and garlic bread. I didn't have the energy to do any vegis. Stirling made the garlic bread yesterday - it only needed to be heated. He says that garlic is a vegi. ;)

20131013_203122.jpg

Tonight was Roast Lemon Chicken, mashed potatoes, and steamed green beans.

Tried to make a poutine today seeing as how our Canadian neighbors are celebrating. Didn't put much work into it though, so sorry. Bought fries at Five Guys because they are the best. Haven't had a beef roast for a while so I used jarred gravy. :ohmy: The cheese curds were authentic! Not bad for a native Ohioan of Polish descent living in MA. It was pretty good when we made sure the cheese got melty.

Had concerts all weekend. Last night was the final for the fall season. We traditionally go out after each concert. Yesterday we performed at Smithfield Little Theater and hit Smithfield Station for supper. Had superb crabcakes with wonderful mashed potatoes and yellow squash.

Tried to make a poutine today seeing as how our Canadian neighbors are celebrating. Didn't put much work into it though, so sorry. Bought fries at Five Guys because they are the best. Haven't had a beef roast for a while so I used jarred gravy. :ohmy: The cheese curds were authentic! Not bad for a native Ohioan of Polish descent living in MA. It was pretty good when we made sure the cheese got melty.
If you put 1/4 of the hot fries down, some curds, some gravy, more fries, more curds, more hot gravy, and then the rest of the fries, curds, topped with the hot gravy, the cheese curds usually get melty. I like adding some rings of jalapeno peppers on top of the cheese curds before topping with gravy and ending with more peppers on top of the gravy...

If you put 1/4 of the hot fries down, some curds, some gravy, more fries, more curds, more hot gravy, and then the rest of the fries, curds, topped with the hot gravy, the cheese curds usually get melty. I like adding some rings of jalapeno peppers on top of the cheese curds before topping with gravy and ending with more peppers on top of the gravy...
Like that idea of stacking CW! When Himself first dug in he said he thought it would be better if the cheese was melty, so he popped his plate into the micro just long enough to melt. Since he thumbs-upped it I did the same. But the stacking? Genious! And jalapeno peppers? :ermm: You are one spicy lady!

Broiled fish, couscous from a box, steamed fresh broccoli with lemon, and lentil soup (from lentil salad that flopped).

Back
Top Bottom