Whet your Appetite Wednesday (09/17/14)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
had burger steaks topped with Monterrey Jack cheese and green chilies with a side of asparagus and a dipping sauce Shrek created. Chocolate pudding for dessert.

burger steaks?

is that like a salisbury steak, but with one of those appelation controlee or d.o.c. things that doesn't allow you to say it?

Last edited:
the weather has not been so nice for us the past few days here in the middle of the desert, so I made Portuguese Bean Soup, an Island-style favorite in Hawaii.
Here's the bummer part of it all, we just came back from California where we went to a specialty store to buy Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers to go along with our soups as we did back home, well, they were stale! :(

the weather has not been so nice for us the past few days here in the middle of the desert, so I made Portuguese Bean Soup, an Island-style favorite in Hawaii.
Here's the bummer part of it all, we just came back from California where we went to a specialty store to buy Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers to go along with our soups as we did back home, well, they were stale! :(
Stale, that sucks. It's not like you can just pop over to the store and get them exchanged. Hate when that happens.

grind them to make breadcrumbs.

Andy, Stroganoff is one of my favorite meals. Had I known sooner, Himself and I would have showed up with wine and dessert. ;)

I had half a rotisserie chicken left, so I used half of the meat for a chicken/almond/green grape salad seasoned with garam masala, the other half was chicken/cranberries/walnuts with lemongrass. Served those up on pillowy-soft dinner rolls with a spinach salad (egg/bacon/mushroom/black olive/tomato). Still munching the chocolate cake mix cookies for desserts.

burger steaks?

is that like a salisbury steak, but with one of those appelation controlee or d.o.c. things that doesn't allow you to say it?

No, I take fresh ground steak, shape it into a patty and cook it up. Steak for a toothless Ogre.

I called it a burger steak...and it was not "hamburger", it was top sirloin ground and shaped for Shrek.
You're right. It's not what we call a hamburger steak here in Quebec. You didn't mention gravy and fried onions/mushrooms. It's listed on Montreal menus in the steak section. Sometimes it's made from sirloin.

gallery_27944_2966_246601.jpg

The things I have to do to keep him fed. Was looking at the ribeyes, on sale, and wondering if he would like that.

Stale, that sucks. It's not like you can just pop over to the store and get them exchanged. Hate when that happens.

grind them to make breadcrumbs.

Here's a BRIGHT note:

I emailed to Diamond Bakery in Honolulu Hawaii
to let them know about my experience;
they are sending me a NEW box of crackers!
HOW FANTASTIC IS THAT!?
My faith in manufactures is renewed!
I also sent a CC email to the specialty store
where we bought the 2 pound box of crackers,
did we hear from then yet? HMMM?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom