Which deadly sin are you cooking tonight (8/12/20130?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
We harvested the most gorgeous eggplant. So tonight's deadly sin is PRIDE. I am so proud of this eggplant. I'm making a twist on Marrakesh Vegetable Curry.

What are you cooking tonight?

You're going to make me go watch that Morgan Freeman/Brad Pitt movie so I know what the seven deadly sins are, aren't you :LOL:

I think I'll wait a while to post, maybe I'll lust enough for someone's dinner that I'll replicate it.

Lust...I want a baked potato with butter and sour cream, ribeye steak, med rare and fresh green beans with real bacon bits. Dessert - I have to go to Bernice's Bakery.

No one has gluttony covered yet? I'll hit that one. We have a saskatoon pie and a blueberry pie in the fridge that are featuring high on my gluttony list. We also have some leftover spinach salad that was killer good. The entree will be a delicious chicken cacciatore served with some lovely fresh pasta and some steamed green beans from the garden tossed with butter and chives. I'm going to eat til I blow up. :rolleyes:

Going with Sloth here ... lots of leftovers in the fridge so no cooking (work) for us, just eating.

ImageProxy.mvc

I'm in for gluttony!

fixing to make some egg salad to stuff a large home grown tomato

Envy. Others' dinners look good while I'm going to toss a kielbasa on the grill and make a quick salad.

No one has taken up wrath yet. Guess I can handle that one. I have to cook tonight after our trip (let's see how wrathful I can get!) when I really don't want to cook after doing all the kitchen duty for my in-laws while we were gone. I'm making up our version of burritos so can hit the wrath by amping up the spices! Then we'll both feel the wrath of heartburn in the aftermath of dinner.

Probably going to be gluttony around here. I'm making a baked ham which ALWAYS begs us to have "just one more slice..." only 4 or 5 times! Baked potato if I veer towards slothfulness, paprika potato cubes if I feel like doing more. Also have some haricots vert in the freezer I'll cook, and salad (I've already washed the romaine - yay!).

I'm not sure if my dinner falls under a sin or not, but I'm going to grill a bunch of food. Little stuff like stuffed mushrooms, asparagus, onions, tomatoes.

Pride. We are having NY steaks, rice pilaf, stuffed zucchini, and a green salad. But since it's my birthday, the wife and kids are making everything, except they asked me to grill the steaks. I can handle that if I crack open a beer. Oh, and moms apple crisp for desert! And a nice cab.

Lust. Four courses that were sufficient enough to make one desire more.

Stuffed Jalapeno wrapped in bacon

Fried Green Tomatoes from the garden

Baked Chicken Thighs with Peri-Peri sauce

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with fresh sliced strawberries.

Sloth. It's our anniversary and we had planned dinner out but then we've decided to be lazy and grill some steaks instead. It feels like too much work to get ready for a dinner out in a nice restaurant. I'm whipping up a potato salad and a green salad for sides. I nice Pinot Grigio is chilling. And we can enjoy it all in our grubbies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom