Which is the first Italian cooking recipe you think of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love braciole! It's not pasta or pizza but it's sooooooo good! There's a good recipe on the linked page below, but I like to add fennel to my recipe.​

Braciole.jpg

from: Braciole with Fresh Tomato and Mushroom Sauce on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
Hi to evry body and thanx for all your answers!!! I try to answer to your questions, so:

1) I also think that pasta and pizza are ther 'Top ten' recipes. When I travel and meet foreign people and speaking I say I'm Italian, 90% of them say 'Oh, pizza, pasta and maccheroni!' :)
Pasta with tomatoes is for sure the fastest and most typicall recipe of all! Also ragù, but it's not so easy to do, and also right ingredients are not so easy to find!

2) For the man with no Land (I suppose you're a Citizen of the World then! ;-)) which are recipes 5-6-8-22 in my site??? Can you give me the names? Thanx!!

3) For Katie E: ribollita is for sure the most famous Tuscany soup! We generally cook it during winter, bacause in summer we have not the black cabbage leaves. Anyway you can find some similar soups made without cabbage, but taste is different of course! My personal ribollita is this:

Preparation time: 2 hours more or less minutes

Difficulty: medium

Ingredients x 6 people: dreid beans 400 gr cabbage, swiss chard, 3 tomatoes, 2 stalks of sedano, 2 carrots, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, thymus, homemade bread, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Preparation: Boil the beans and save the cooking water. Take 3/4 of beans and mix the robot, set aside the rest of beans. Take a big skillet, heat some oil and cook the onion and garlic. When it's ready add the celery, carrots and after a few minutes add the tomatoes too. Then add the swiss chard, the cabbage, thyme and salt and pepper. Pour all the cooking water of beans and other ingradients aside from the 1/4 of beans into a sauce pan and let everything cook slowly. It generally takes one hour, so if you notice that the mix becomes dry, add some other warm water. When all the vegetables'll be cooked, drop the rest of beans. Let it rest for half an hour and then, serve the soup. Just add a 'C' of olive oil, directly into the dishes.

Curiosity: 'C' of oil means a small quantity, just the movement we do with the hand, signing a letter C.

4) For Subfuscpersona: doughs are my favorites, also if my kitchen is so small and you need a lot of space when you want to cook them! I give you a version of pizza dough. It's differerent from the usual ones, because we use milk instead of water . Here it is:

Ingredient x people: 1/2 kg white flour OO, 25 gr baking powder, water, olive oil, salt

Preparation: First of all melt the baking powder or the fresh ywalt with a bit of warm water, and when it's completely melt, drop the flour and mix with your hands. Then add the olive oil: take a glass and measure 2 fingers (it's about 3 cm from the bottom). Work the mixture with your hands and at the end when you realise the mixture is soft and not too dry, add a pinch of salt. Let it double its size in a warm place, placing it into a bowl, covered with some plastic.

Thanx again! Greetings from Tuscany!
Simona!

I think spaghetti, though I rarely make it the way my mother made it. I usually go for a little more sophisticated dish when I want Italian.

Think I will make spaghetti and meatballs sometime this week, though. You got me thinking.

Last edited:
simonaskitchen said:
... ;-)) which are recipes 5-6-8-22 in my site??? Can you give me the names? Thanx!!.... Simona!

Oh, what I meant was that the other recipes you have like 5 or 6 or 8, but the deserts you have 22 recipes, I liked that part. Dessert, as you might know, is the most important part of the meal. ;)

Oh, and one more thing I like your name, it just sounds so delicious.

Simona, I think Charlie D is thinking of the food: spomoni? I think the recipe
I always look for is Italian Bread. And for dessert Biscotti. Scusate mia Italiano. Vi abbraccia. Piacera di conochi.

In my kitchen there's a magnet saying: is there lunch without desserts??? :) Something sweet to finish lunch or dinner is very very important! I'm just filling other recipes, in my site, not only cakes ehm!
My name is very popular in Italy and I consider it quite anonymous, so thanx! :)

Aria, I have a recipe for bread, never tried, but I can translate and if you're going to try it, then let me know, I'm curious!

Piacere di conoscerti! And I say: 'Il piacere è tutto mio!' :)

hi and welcome simona. :)

when i first read this question, i thought of more italian american dishes like chicken parm, and sunday gravy.

but i read on, and concentrating on tuscany, i'd have to say olive oil and bread, and plates of cured meats and cheeses, and appy's like bruschetta.

Mmmhhh, do you mean the new oil? When in November we do the new olive oil, I like to bake bread and to taste the new oil! I don't know if the translation is correct, I mean the olive oil just made. It's something you can appreciate only when you can taste it! Smell, taste and color is particular! :rolleyes:

I love trying anything new to me. So by all means, I will be checking out your site.

Though I make very good breads, pizza dough gives me much trouble. I really don't understand why it does.

I would love to learn Itallian Sausage recipes as well.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom