Who eats Hormels Spam? How do you prepare it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Bucky, us MN otters spend our time on our tummies, not on our backs, but I can open a Spam with the provided opener, or my teeth. :LOL:

Re: Spam preparation

Bangbang said:
norgeskog said:
I throw it, still in the unopened can, into an outside, in-the-ground, burning wooden fire, and run like &(*&%$(*&( before it explodes. It makes wonderful entertainment. (this is not a recommended manner of cooking, just an expression of how much I like that stuff)

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Does it really explode?

Heavens I hope so, what else would it be for but amusement and entertainment on the 4th? Yes I believe it would explode as would all cans packed under pressure like they are.

RAW SPAM

Michael in FtW said:
Ironically - did you know that they pack the raw meat in the cans and then cook it in the can, norgeskog?
:?: :?:

No I did not. Thanks for telling me. I had a rather naieve neighbor a long time ago who was going to feed her baby solid food for the first time. The label said to put the cans in a pan of water 2/3 the height of the can and bring to a boil. No one told her to open the can first. She was scraping applesauce and peas off the walls and ceiling for weeks. Fortunately she and the baby were in the front yard so no one was injured. So I guess they do explode. Why they do not I gues is another subject of this forum. I was born in Minneapolis but I did not know they made Spam nearby.

green.gif

SPAM

All of you here who like Spam are giving me a guilt trip bad mouthing your comfort food. :oops: I will make nice and not say anything at all. From what I have read (I have read all of the posts) it sounds like you would use Spam in any recipe that you would use ham. I may not run out and buy a can of it, but I will definately from this day forward respect those of you who do. :D

green.gif

:shock: Wow!Ihad no idea so many people like Spam personally I think its really disqusting stuff.Yucko some thing akin to dog food.
Sorry thats what I think! Im still shocked so many people like it. I do know in Hawaii they even make sushi with it Ive actually have had it that way and its still gross.

jpmcgrew said:
:shock: Wow!Ihad no idea so many people like Spam personally I think its really disqusting stuff.Yucko some thing akin to dog food.
Sorry thats what I think! Im still shocked so many people like it. I do know in Hawaii they even make sushi with it Ive actually have had it that way and its still gross.

I'm sure there are things that you like which we may think of as being equally as gross, so you are entitled to your opinion. I just wonder how many people don't like Spam for reasons other than taste? i.e., they're conditioned to hating it because their parents hate it.

I just have one question for you. How do you know what dog food tastes like? :shock:

:x :) Its too, salty for my taste and you are absolutely right I was conditioned to not like it however I did try it with an open mind. I didnt mean to insult any one I just really thought it was not that popular.
I also dont expect people to eat something I made if they dont like it just to spare my feelings and they are free to let me know if they dont like it its their choice.We all have our own preferences fortunately in America we have a choice and can humor our taste prejudices.
I never said it tasted like dog food but was akin in texture and smell.
Why are you attacking me and not norgeskog?
Take a happy pill and get over it!

If Spam taste like dogfood... I'm going to the pet store tomorrow :!:
Spam rawks :!:

LOL... I don't know about you guys! Hey, under the "what is your fav commercial topic.. ".. no.. I think it was one that you don't like... anyway, there is commercial with this dog and a guy grilling on the back patio.. his dog food looks pretty tempting!

Love it ~ but don't eat it anymore ~ watching my salt thee days! Back in the 60's as a new bride & very broke I used to make "pretend ham" by taking the entire loaf of spam, scored the top in a diamond design & put in whole cloves just like a real ham & baked it for 30 minutes just to heat. Was great with mac & cheese & a side of applesauce! Ah, those were the days! LOL

Norgeskog ~ thanks for the clipart ~ cute!

:D Ok! But do you like brussel sprouts?I like them fresh not frozen.
I would like to know what you absolutley cannot put in your mouth.
Every body has something they dont like.

I don't like that gum that squirts in your mouth.
I do love Spam tho.

Back
Top Bottom