Who's cookin tonight, March 6, Monday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
changed dinner plans - kids had a request for Mexican lasagna with Mexican provolone cheese, Monterrey Jack and Colby cheeses

Hello Luv's - Steak sounds good - bung it on the barby.....

Mexican Lasagna - interesting have to try that one when the weather cools.

Mac & cheese - do you put Tuna in it, breadcrumbs & cheese over the top & bake til brown?

Easy easy tonight, French onion soup, and Chinese chicken salad..How's that for culture clash?:ROFLMAO: Oh and peach cobbler for dessert...

kadesma:)

Phil said:
I used the recipe from the Joy of Cooking years ago and think it's one of, if not, the best I've ever eaten. I love the stuff.

I always start to follow the recipe on the bag the peas come in... but,
I change it every time. I use more garlic, more onions, add carrots, and instead of all water I use half water and half chicken broth.

:)

Mom and dad were babysitting for us last night and usually they drop the baby off at our office for us at the end of our shift, but yesterday she took a late nap so instead of interupting her sleep we picked her up at their house. Since we were already there we stayed for dinner. Mom made chili.

OK now all you chili diehards close your eyes and stop reading this post now.

For everyone else...What she did was brown some ground turkey then added a few cans of trader Joes marinated beans and a jar of chunky salsa. That is it. I was a little skeptical at first, but it was very tasty. I know if is not really chili, but we all really enjoyed it and it was so easy for her to make.

Isn't that the way many recipes get started? I'm sure many soups are done the same way - a variation here and there soon amounts to a completely different dish. It doesn't bother me what the dish is called as long as it is tasty.

kadesma said:
Easy easy tonight, French onion soup, and Chinese chicken salad..How's that for culture clash?:ROFLMAO: Oh and peach cobbler for dessert...

kadesma:)

care to share the Chinese Chicken salad recipe? I love the stuff but don't make a good one myself. I'd really like to have a tried and true.:ROFLMAO:

PDs Wife and Brooksy

The recipe on the bag of peas is ok, but it's the chicken stock in the Joy Of Cooking that is the foundation. I made a batch several times when I was ambitous, but later used canned chicken broth indstead of real chicken. It's the herbs and veggies cooking in the stock that makes it soooooo good. That chicken stock from that book, is the foundation of many great soup recipes. That book is a Bible for cooking. Simply a classic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom