Who's ready for pumpkin pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my pumpkin cheesecake recipe. Its from a Williams Sonoma digital cookook that came with a pc I used to have.

Attachments

• pumpkin_cheesecake.pdf
    271 KB · Views: 138
Well, I just got a case of pumpkin puree delivered, and I can forsee pumpkin soup within the next week or so.

speaking of pumpkin(?) pie...

ChefJune said:
but not all squashes are pumpkins!

'sfunny... I don't like pumpkin pie, but I like savory dishes with pumpkin, just plain ole baked pumpkin, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake. I guess it's a texture thing for me, like tofu.

Now SWEET POTATO PiIE??????? You'd be talking my language! :D

if you don't like the texture of regular pumpkin pie, how about trying this:

in 17th & 18th century colonial america, pumpkins were included in pies along with apples. slice pumpkin say 1/4 inch thick or so and layer alternately with sliced apple, using your usual amount of sugar, cinnamon, etc. as you would for an apple pie. i throw one together every few years. it's different and good!
icon12.gif

Here's my invented version since I didn't have evaporated milk on hand.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup pumpkin purée, or canned pumpkin
1 cup 1% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 unbaked pastry pie shell

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; beat well. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the pumpkin, milk, and vanilla. Pour into the unbaked pastry shell.
Bake at 375° for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Chill before serving. Serve with whipped cream and a grating of fresh nutmeg, if desired.

*To make pumpkin purée, cut pumpkin in half, crosswise. Remove seeds and membranes. Place on a greased baking sheet, cut side down, and bake at 325° for 1 hour, or until tender. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove pulp and place in blender or processor. Purée or process until smooth. Place in a cheesecloth-lined mesh strainer or sieve and let drain into a bowl for about an hour. When dripping has stopped, put purée into a container, cover, and refrigerate if not using right away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom