Will this menu work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Duck breast with reduced plum sauce / red wine sauce.

wasabi mash

oven roasted veg glazed with honey /olive oil

Sounds pretty interesting to me. Wasabi mash I am assuming is mashed potatoes with wasabi? That wouldn't be something I would eat, but the rest sounds fine.

I'm with Andy, I think the kick in the potatoes would be a nice contrast to the sweetness of the duck. As for the veggies, I would just roast them, leave out the glaze. The roasted flavor would be a nice segway between the other flavors on your plate.

I always think of anything Wasabi as way too hot for me to eat. I would lose the transition because I wouldn't eat them, that's why I said I wouldn't add them. I'd add garlic mashed potatoes. Like I said, that's just me. And it might work if others eating it are okay with wasabi.

How about just changing up the veg dish a bit to provide a little contrast. Roast and finish with brush of tamari and butter. Then top with toasted sesame seeds.

I would also consider serving with some kind of small but refreshing salad - maybe shredded cucumber or similar.

Love the idea of the wasabi mash!

Last edited:
I would also consider serving with some kind of small but refreshing salad - maybe shredded cucumber or similar.

I was thinking the exact same thing. What came to my mind was a small heap of microgreens very lightly dressed with lemon and olive oil. It could even be garnish and not a salad.

Something cool, refreshing and a bit acidic.

Duck breast with reduced plum sauce / red wine sauce.

wasabi mash

oven roasted veg glazed with honey /olive oil

I would say no.. the duck is great.. i would go with garlic mashed, and herb buttered roasted veggies. I don't think the three you have compliment each other, they kind of stand out on their own.

Part of me wants to say that a horseradish mash would go better. I LOVE wasabi mash though. I just think horseradish when I think of your duck.

i love wasabi potatoes, definately salt them well during cooking, though. your duck- yum, your veggies, i, too, would roast tthem.

I also LOVE Wasabi Mashed Potatoes, but agree with all the others who advised you to nix the sweetness in your roasted veggies. I'd leave the roasted veggies plain.

Let us know what you decided and how it worked out! Inquiring minds....

Wow lots to consider here .

What is tamari did you mean tamarind

I am putting this dish back a week as i have my niece and nephew staying and as they are young i think spaghetti is on the menu.

But the reason i am putting the wasabi in , is because its different and the fact some of the diners love the stuff i can take it or leave it personally.

The trick will be not putting to much in lol.

I might roast the veg in garlic oil and rosemary.

Please keep your suggestions coming in though .

Back
Top Bottom