Winner, winner, chicken dinner, Friday 5.20.16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Neither of us had an inspiration for dinner or felt like cooking much tonight so decided on an old standby, chicken and yellow rice. Used the prepackaged yellow rice mix but dressed it up by adding some onions, garlic, additional cumin, pimento and frozen green peas. Pic to follow.

Picked up a couple of pieces of fish for dinner. Cod for SO and salmon for me. Some buttered noodles and a veggie with accompany.

We have leftover asparagus and cauliflower soups. DH combined them, and liked them together. We also had some potato salad.

37240-albums1042-picture6517.jpg

An exceptionally rare treat for me - I was taken out for dinner. :)

My companion and I shared some marinated olives along with bread and olive oil/balsamic dip. Delicious!

After that I had a slightly odd dish that had a succulent chicken breast (hot) in a lovely Thai sauce (hot in both spice and temperature) on top of raw carrot slivers (cold) and roasted squares of sweet potato (hot) and sugar snaps (hot).

The chicken was really lovely and the sauce was just the right side of hot without burning your tongue to within an inch of it's life. The raw carrot was just weird, as was the sweet potato.

I am all for fusion food, but this didn't work. (for me)

That said, my companion was lovely convivial company and I had a lovely evening. :)

I had take out lasagna for dinner this afternoon, and had about half of that with some sliced cucumber and fresh picked tomatoes from my little patio garden.

My daughter, SIL, and 3 little grandsons are coming up for a day visit tomorrow morning from the Santa Clarita Valley, so the kitchen has been cleaned and closed since around noon today. ;):)

Hi Katy!

Dx called a bit ago and asked if I wanted to come over for a treat. I said sure, be right there. She made a home made sausage onion mushroom olive pizza.

And the treat was a blueberry / banana / strawberry smoothie with her first batch of homemade yogurt. The plain yogurt itself is very tangy, more like a sour cream taste and the consistency of buttermilk or thick cream. Very good in itself and we can see all kinds of ways that can be used.

Last edited:
Since Himself is a grilling wuss, not like tenspeed grilling if there's no snow on the deck, we had our first of the year cook-out. I steamed Italian sausage over an aromatic wine & water bath, grilled up a passel of onions and green/red/yellow bell peppers, and had those on sandwich rolls. Also made salads, mixed greens topped with "stuff". If I don't use up my avocados (49 cents at Aldi!), I'm going to have to turn them into an avocado salad dressing.

Attachments

• 2016-05-20 21.34.17.jpg
    2016-05-20 21.34.17.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 176
Been behind on kitchen cleaning this week. Told DH that I didn't want to cook and dirty more dishes until I got caught up. We ordered from 5 Guys and had burgers and fries.

I made a roasted chickens with all the fixings. After I was done I was exhausted from cleaning the apartment from top to bottom for two days and then cooking. I crashed. When I woke up most of the chicken was gone and a lot of the rest of the fixings. As long as the stuffing was there for me I didn't care. I picked on that and then crashed again. When I woke up this morning, everything was in the fridge and wrapped.

Back
Top Bottom