Winner Winner, What's for Dinner? 10/3/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having basil-almond pesto and pasta. Might add some chicken. What's going on at your house?

Hot dogs with chili and cheese, potato chips with dip, possibly salad. Depends on how much I want to eat.

We're having basil-almond pesto and pasta. Might add some chicken. What's going on at your house?

What's going on at my house?
PPPC-II wk-5 Bills v Browns is going on at my house.
I can only hope that your winner, winner title carries over for another Browns win :)
Regardless, I will be eating Buffalo wings :yum:

I'm making a TATTRAT inspired boiled dinner!

Kielbasa, cabbage, carrots, red potatoes, celery, onions and a cabbage salad on the side.

This has become a standard item in my house using either kielbasa or a ham steak. I just toss everything into the pot (toughest items on the bottom meat on the top) with a bay leaf, garlic clove, 6 pepper corns, salt and a pint of liquid, steam for 20 - 30 minutes and dinner is ready!

Tomorrow will be hash and I will freeze the broth as a base for a soup meal!

What's going on at my house?
PPPC-II wk-5 Bills v Browns is going on at my house.
I can only hope that your winner, winner title carries over for another Browns win :)
Regardless, I will be eating Buffalo wings :yum:

Not my favorite city or team but love dem wings!

I'm making a TATTRAT inspired boiled dinner!

Kielbasa, cabbage, carrots, red potatoes, celery, onions and a cabbage salad on the side.

This has become a standard item in my house using either kielbasa or a ham steak. I just toss everything into the pot (toughest items on the bottom meat on the top) with a bay leaf, garlic clove, 6 pepper corns, salt and a pint of liquid, steam for 20 - 30 minutes and dinner is ready!

Tomorrow will be hash and I will freeze the broth as a base for a soup meal!

That sounds a lot like the one pot dinner I make now and then. I use beer to steam everything in and it's fantastic. Frying a little chopped bacon in the DO for the grease (and of course the bacon) really adds something to it.

That sounds a lot like the one pot dinner I make now and then. I use beer to steam everything in and it's fantastic. Frying a little chopped bacon in the DO for the grease (and of course the bacon) really adds something to it.

I was wishing I had a dozen clams or a handful of shrimp to put on top of the kielbasa, for an appetizer.

I'm gonna need a bigger pot! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It is a simple dinner tonight. DA has a cold and I made the very simple chicken soup.

I did not give her my cold. I think she caught this off of someone else!

I made her a cold medicine of honey, lemon, and whiskey. This helps the throat and the moods. She still has a cold, but she does not care!

Love,
~Cat

I picked up a couple of pounds of mushrooms last weekend at the farmer's market and have been trying to use them up. So tonight we had pork, mushroom, and carrot stir fry with oyster sauce. Tasty stuff.

Did I mention my wife hates mushrooms? Ah well. She just picks 'em out and they end up on my plate. :yum:

I picked up a couple of pounds of mushrooms last weekend at the farmer's market and have been trying to use them up. So tonight we had pork, mushroom, and carrot stir fry with oyster sauce. Tasty stuff.

Did I mention my wife hates mushrooms? Ah well. She just picks 'em out and they end up on my plate. :yum:

I'll happily send you a SASE for any mushrooms you aren't able to use, Steve.

It is a simple dinner tonight. DA has a cold and I made the very simple chicken soup.

I did not give her my cold. I think she caught this off of someone else!

I made her a cold medicine of honey, lemon, and whiskey. This helps the throat and the moods. She still has a cold, but she does not care!

Love,
~Cat

:LOL:

Hope DA gets better soon, Cat!

I remember coming home as a freshman in college with a horrific cold. My Grandma whipped me up a hot toddy that knocked my socks off, the likes of which I've never had since. And I felt much better!

Last edited:
Cat, my aunt made a very strong "hot toddy". Basically hot tea with honey, lemon, and whiskey. It was so strong it was best to go to bed FIRST and then sip the tea.

I never got to the grocery store. I wanted to make Leftovers With Flair for dinner tonight anyway. We had more leftover Baltimore beef in gravy - made mashed potatoes to go with it but didn't have enough milk (1%). Besides margarine I added sour cream and half and half. Uh-oh, my usual won't be as much fun anymore. :ermm: Also had most of the white meat from a rotisserie chicken. Cut it into chunks, boiled noodles and added fresh broccoli the last couple minutes, mixed it all with cream of mushroom soup, some tarragon, and a bit of dry mustard. Voila! It was good enough to make it again, only planned next time. ;)

I had an appointment after work. DH made himself a "big salad", leftover roast beef, hard boiled egg and cheese. He didn't make me one :(
I was really hungry when I got home, so I added an egg, chopped green onion and some of the leftover roast beef to some leftover mashed potatoes.....fried up three potato pancakes and ate them with sour cream. ;)

A two-egg omelette stuffed with leftover grilled veggies, and toasted rye bread. Easy peasy and delicious. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom