Wish me Luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
Tonight I`m catering for 50+ people in a kitchen with no oven, only a grill and a 4 ring hob.

I`m doing baked potatoes (at home 1`st) and hoping the grill will keep them warm.
I`ve made a Large pot of Chili (over 6 Kilos).
and I`m doing hot dogs too.

and at the same time I have to coordinate the firing of over 600GBP (about 1200 dollars) worth of fireworks.

the bonfire isn`t even made yet, and I`m waiting for a few lads from different places around the UK to arrive here with all the Pyro, I`ve never met these guys before either.

there`s so much to do today and I`m feeling quite nervous:unsure:

OMG! Good luck, mate!

You know what is up, and you can prioritize well. I have no fear, you go this!

Only hiccup, the Pyro. But heck, doesn't matter if it is timed too well, things that go boom ALWAYS rock!

Sounds like quite a good time!

Have a good Guy Fawkes night YT2095! With that many fireworks, don't think they will notice if the food gets a bit cold! Enjoy when you can.

to paraphrase pink floyd, "i wish i was there".

good luck buddy. blow something up for us!!!

Hot dogs, chili and maybe a few brews to wash it down? Sounds like a good time. I hope the weather is good for your fireworks.

John....I once did steaks, bake potato, etc, etc, for about 40. I slightly under baked the potatoes in foil and put them in a "cooler", "ice chest"...at meal time they were piping hot and perfect!! Anyway, Good luck!!!

1`st Hicup, someone`s forgotten the Warning ribbon to cordon off the firing area and I only have 2 marshals!

lets just hope the Parents keep their kids under control, actually, lets hope they don`t behave in the same way themselves!

Tonight I`m catering for 50+ people in a kitchen with no oven, only a grill and a 4 ring hob.

I`m doing baked potatoes (at home 1`st) and hoping the grill will keep them warm.
I`ve made a Large pot of Chili (over 6 Kilos).
and I`m doing hot dogs too.

and at the same time I have to coordinate the firing of over 600GBP (about 1200 dollars) worth of fireworks.

the bonfire isn`t even made yet, and I`m waiting for a few lads from different places around the UK to arrive here with all the Pyro, I`ve never met these guys before either.

there`s so much to do today and I`m feeling quite nervous:unsure:

If it happens again, portable roasters make great baked potatoes!!!!

Thinking of You

Just to let you know, I will be thinking of you. And I thought I had reasons to be nervous. Don't know how I would feel with that situation. Remember this is true challenge and I have faith in you to complete it. You will do 'real good'. Tomorrow hopefully, you will be able to relax. Please let us know how it all turned out and how everybody appreciated your efforts. Keep the faith!

I don`t have one and there`s nothing like that on site.
But... we got a Great deal on the hot-dogs and buns, they will cost exactly 7.875 pence each (about 15 cents).

Yt I have a feeling everything will be fine. Have fun. Enjoy yourselves.
Wish I was there, it sounds like it'll be alot of fun.

well after a few phone calls, the Pyro crew are on their way as I type, 2 from down London and one from Lancashire. I`ve also dispatched bonfire building team and a Demolitions guy break up the wood into usable sizes.

Everything is on track so far, I`ve decided to use String and flourescent ribbon tied along it as the cordon marker.
AND while typing this I had a txt message saying that the Grill works! (I wasn`t sure if it was on the same circuit as the Oven).

I think all your good wishes and our prayers are working! :)

YT,
sounds as if you have everything in control..Good luck, have fun and enjoy as much as you can..With you in charge i've no doubt things will go perfectly.

kadesma;)

Have a great time YT, sounds like you have everything under control except of course the pyros. Hope they turn out just fine.

One thing that amazes me is that over here in the US in most, if not all, states one cannot cook anything in one's home kitchen if you are catering.

Just bringing a dish, or fifty, to a friends house, that is OK. But once you charge for it, you really need all sorts of insurance and permits. And the regs kill us.

Am sure it will all turn out OK. You have to be fast on your feet to accomplish what you are doing. But you certainly seem to have the ability.

God bless and good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom