Wok Wednesday! Dinner 12/18/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gourmet Nachos are on the menu tonight. Chorizo mixed with taco meat, green chilies, black olives, white aged cheddar cheese and refried black beans.

:LOL: Yours sound much better than mine, LP!

Mmmm, graham cracker pie! What kind of a crust did you make?

Seriously though, I've never heard of this pie. What is it?

It's really quite simple and sounds plain, but everything comes together for a great flavor. It's a homemade graham cracker crust, with a vanilla pastry cream topped with freshly whipped cream. It's very popular in Maine. I remember as a child there was this place called the M&M restaurant, it was a diner complete with a lady sporting a beehive hairdo at the cash register. Their version was the best that I have ever had. Mine comes pretty close but theirs was perfect. Don't get me started on the chicken croquettes!

I've known people that used pre-made graham cracker crust, instant pudding and cool whip and to be honest it isn't even the same pie, the flavors of these items is all wrong for this pie.

It's really quite simple and sounds plain, but everything comes together for a great flavor. It's a homemade graham cracker crust, with a vanilla pastry cream topped with freshly whipped cream. It's very popular in Maine. I remember as a child there was this place called the M&M restaurant, it was a diner complete with a lady sporting a beehive hairdo at the cash register. Their version was the best that I have ever had. Mine comes pretty close but theirs was perfect. Don't get me started on the chicken croquettes!

I've known people that used pre-made graham cracker crust, instant pudding and cool whip and to be honest it isn't even the same pie, the flavors of these items is all wrong for this pie.

Sounds tasty.

Thanks, BC! I'd envisioned a graham cracker crust filled with more graham crackers....this sounds much better!

You're welcome! I've come to call this "dad's pie", since we lost him I make this every year on his birthday, he would have rather had this than a cake.

No reason to not have pie on one's birthday, right bakechef? After all, I should get to decide if it's my birthday, right? I usually picked Boston Cream Pie. Loved it as a kid. Now? Not so much.

I popped in to post a pic of supper. That's a large serving bowl, a Pfaltzgraff 1-quart server, and it measures 3 fingers high. Trust me when I say the lettuce on the bottom is about 2 1/2 fingers deep. Gotta finish up these salad fixin's!

Attachments

• 2013-12-18 21.19.22.jpg
    2013-12-18 21.19.22.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 175

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom