World's Wierdest Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DugDbold

Assistant Cook
OK, let's try this thread. Who eats [actually consumes] the world's wierdest sandwich recipe????

I'll start. My wife, Pat, eats cold green bean sandwiches. Leftover green beans with corn, on bread... ughh..

Then again I fix peanut butter with sandwich spread [that sweet tartar sauce dressing with pickles and pimentos] to go for lunch.

What is the wierdest sandwich in your family?????????????:chef: I have a prize for the winner..............

chipbutty.jpg
Chip Butty

Actually this was a very popular item while I was in Yorkshire. They were made actually with an extra large sized bun instead of sandwich bread like it is shown in the picture.
Don't get me wrong I love chips, but as a sandwich filling... :wacko: the idea never sat well with me...

How about cold mashed potatoes on bread. DH's. I don't even like them warm with anything.

I have an uncle who used to spread cold bacon fat on bread for a sandwich. He lived to be very old, I might add.

I just also remembered this scene from one Italian classic film by a famous comedian Alberto Sordi, "An American in Rome". It is about a guy who is full of fantasy about America, and dreams himself to be an american.
One day he comes home, decides to make an "American dinner". He takes a pair of bread slices, slaps mustard, ketchup, yogurt, jam, maionnaise, (there were more horrid stuff but right now I can't remember) anything he supposes to be "typically american" on the bread and makes a sandwich, prepares himself for a huge yankee feast with a gigantic glass of milk.
He takes one bite, ponders. Then notices a big bowl of spaghetti which his mother had prepared for him also sitting on the table, now he assumes an attitude of a cowboy from the wild west, goes "Spaghetti... you miserable italian!! You've provoked me, now I will finish you off, you get what you deserve!!" Then pushes and start gobbling down the spaghetti with vigour.
Well, that sandwich he pushed aside was definetely...um, er... extremely original.
img_191998_0_d6a0d94d72a44496ce6edcc68326b585.jpg

Claire, my Polish relatives fried out diced salt pork then poured the whole pan, liquid fat and all, over chopped onions in a bowl. They kept the "squarky" (spelling can't be right, but that's how it's pronounced) in the fridge and used it to sautee pretty much everything, as well as to spread on rye bread with mustard. I must admit, I liked it, too!

Most of them lived to be very old.

Lee

I had a roommate in college who had the strangest eating habit of anyone I have ever met. I can guarantee this sandwich will win the prize for the weirdest ever.

He would take a hot dog roll and put a few scoops of ice cream in it. Then he would put some bologna, fried eggs, and about a cup or more of ketchup on top of it all. He actually put ketchup on EVERYTHING. I remember once he added ketchup to his beer. We dared him once to eat a dog biscuit. He said OK as long as he could use ketchup, which he did (but that is another story).

My ex-father-in-law likes sandwiches made with cold navy beans or greasy, cold fried potatoes. I thought that was pretty strange until I read about GB's roomate.
My college roomie's dad (a doctor) used to make "fat sandwiches" out of the crispy fat on grilled steaks.

:LOL: I thought doug's wife's cold green bean sandwich was really strange - till I kept reading! I've led a very sheltered life...:ROFLMAO:

We had something that was strange for us. DH wanted a hot dog and we had no bread and no buns. We put the weiner in tortilla, added onions, chili and cheese and it was great. DH used to make an onion sandwich - 2 slices of white bread with mayo and slices of onion. I didn't try that.

licia said:
We had something that was strange for us. DH wanted a hot dog and we had no bread and no buns. We put the weiner in tortilla, added onions, chili and cheese and it was great. DH used to make an onion sandwich - 2 slices of white bread with mayo and slices of onion. I didn't try that.

That's not strange at all!! We were in the same situation once, and we decided to use toasted "piadina", Italian flat bread which is almost identical to flour tortilla. Actually we decided it was better than regular "hot dog buns", we have been eating hot dogs this way every since!!

My oldest daughter loved mayonnaise sandwiches. Just 2 slices of Wonder Bread with lots of Miracle inside.
One night when she was a little girl, she was saying her prayers. She got through with all her "God blesses", then finished up with, "And thank God for mayonnaise."

Back
Top Bottom