Worst meal or experience at a restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:mad: Whats the worst meal or experience you have ever had at a restaurant without naming establishment or where.

Unsanitary?

So I went to a burger place got a double 1/4 pounder cheeseburger, my favorite. I bite into it and taste blood:sick:, so I spit it back out. I looked in the container it came in and there was blood and grease in the bottom:w00t2: . Then I notice that the burger isn't even cooked enough:ohmy:, it was just barely seared on the outside. Also the bottom bun was soaking all that disgustingness up:yuk:. Not only was I disturb:shock: but very angry:censored:, so I told them how I felt :bash: and I never ate there again.

I'll tell mine later but have to share one that a friend told me about just a few days ago.

There's a mexican resturant.....well I should say was now....that my friend and her family went to several times. A odd woman and her boyfriend ran it. She said they went and after standing for sometime waiting in line the boyfriend finally came and sat them down and told them to help themselves to salsa and chips.......no biggie.......but they waited and waited and just when they were about to leave a door opened behind them and out came this odd little woman. I guess she'd told them, "Sometimes I just get tierd and have to lay down and I've got a little cot in there".....:LOL: . Then I guess the next time...........I was like, "You went back"...and she said, "Yea the food was pretty good". Anyway, the next time there was another couple sitting behind them and Susan could hear the lady telling her companion that was she was served didn't taste like it was suppose to.....well they complained and the odd little lady came out grabbed the plate and took a bite and said, "Well it taste just like I always make it"....:ROFLMAO: and then handed the plate back to her. Needless to say that was the last time they went back.....and soon after it closed down. I'd of paid to see that though :LOL:

Foodies

We go out and eat so much that having bad food/resturaunt experiences are pretty common.... you know, finding hair in your food, or a rubber band, or a piece of plastic.... cruddy service... cold food, wrong order, waited 45 minutes for my meal..... gosh, and to remember where it all happens at??? I am pretty good at letting them know when I am not happy with the service and or food. If the managers make an honest attempt to make it right, then I will try the same establishment again.

There is one restaraunt we went to that tried to snooker a "donation" out of us by saying it was for the Hurricane Katrina victims (personally I make my donations through trusted charities). They did this by taking a $35 plate and charging you $50 for it with the understanding that they will donate the rest. We opted not to do this, but when we got our food bill, they had charged us $50 dollars per meal, then added a 20% gratuity based on that total (for 2 mind you) then deducted the difference which was $30. Sorry to say, we did not go for that... charging customers a 20% gratuity based on what I felt was a fictious food bill.... sorry to say that I wont be going back there again.

jpmcgrew said:
:mad: Whats the worst meal or experience you have ever had at a restaurant without naming establishment or where.

Aside from being held up -- at a dimly-lit Chinese restaurant, a roach dropped from the ceiling into my plate.

I don't know if this was the worst, but it was way up there. I went to Uno's in Faneuil Hall in Boston with a bunch of friends when we were in college. They had the salad dishes and silverware stacked on one side of the restaurant along with some other stuff. All of a sudden we saw two rats run right across all the salad plates. We mentioned it to the waiter and his response was "what do you expect? This is Faneuil Hall. It is very old. There are rats everywhere. Deal with it." Well we sure did deal with it by getting up and leaving right away.

GB said:
I don't know if this was the worst, but it was way up there. I went to Uno's in Faneuil Hall in Boston with a bunch of friends when we were in college. They had the salad dishes and silverware stacked on one side of the restaurant along with some other stuff. All of a sudden we saw two rats run right across all the salad plates. We mentioned it to the waiter and his response was "what do you expect? This is Faneuil Hall. It is very old. There are rats everywhere. Deal with it." Well we sure did deal with it by getting up and leaving right away.

GeeBee, we missed out on the 'Catch of the Day.'

I was once on Maui about 30 years ago on vacation when a friend and I decided to eat at a Pizza Hut restaurant for dinner after a full day of sight seeing and swimming. We were happily eating our dinner when a little mouse actually came up on the table and started to munch on a bread stick that was on the table.

It was very amusing at the time and we have recounted the story many times fondly.

I went to Denny's for a meal

.............what? That's the whole story. Doesn't it really say it all?

GB said:

As a former Bostonian myself (did my graduate studies at one of the 2 arrogantly thought of institution ins the area), I hate to say it but....the guy was kind of right.

That being said, Uno's is friggin' nasty. I know it's considered one of the great spots for food and all, but I've never gotten why.

Poppinfresh said:
I went to Denny's for a meal

.............what? That's the whole story. Doesn't it really say it all?
We actually have a family joke about Denny's. When we took road trips we would sometimes stop there for dinner and every single time we would have an awful experience. It got so bad that dad actually made us all promise that if he ever suggested Denny's again that we were under strict orders to take his life :ohmy:

Poppinfresh said:
As a former Bostonian myself (did my graduate studies at one of the 2 arrogantly thought of institution ins the area), I hate to say it but....the guy was kind of right.
Yep you are absolutely right. The rats have been there forever and are there to stay. We just couldn't believe his response.

How about the time that we, unknowingly, were in a dry county, and they advertised a special cocktail for $6. We thought, wow, this must be something. It was 4 oz of apple juice, straight out of a can. I guess they saw us coming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom