Wot's in't belly, Nelly? Dinner 11/21/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a quick chicken parm dinner. Frozen chicken patties, leftover pasta from the freezer and I "doctored up" some canned sauce from the pantry.

you're more than welcome for a "knife & forks" at chez harry anytime mate,and beef it shall be;)!!
chook looks great,pac & i do envy you having a grill.is the weather still good enough for regular outdoor cooking/eating at this time of year?or is it good all year round,where you are?weather over here is very cold,at the moment,but clear/sunny skies.love it!i'd happily cook outdoors in this weather,it's the miserable,damp & grey days that piss me right off....ahh well:rolleyes:!!

I grill year round. The porch keeps the snow off the grill.

Harry, you're just plain mean! I'm glad I'm not on a diet. It would go out the window with just one of your photos.

As always, it all looks so very good!

I'm still experimenting with Southern cooking. Tonight we had country ham, grits, crowder peas, and cornbread.

I think I heard my arteries clogging during our dinner.

With love,
~Cat

Really? None of that is particularly fattening. Whole lotta carbs going on, though.

I spent most of yesterday in the hospital's infusion center getting two units of blood, so I didn't have the energy to prepare DH's birthday dinner; that will come this weekend. So I made an easy dinner: pan-seared pork chops, twice-baked potatoes with cheese and bacon, and steamed peas with roasted red peppers.

Attachments

• 2013-11-21 19.25.24.jpg
    2013-11-21 19.25.24.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 159
Made a couple different bruschettas. Carmalized onion, mushroom and gruyere for one. The other was a modified version of Bobby Flay's Caprese Relish he made for grilled sausage sammies.:yum: All the bread slices were rubbed with fresh garlic cloves.

Hazzers that meal looks totes amaze balls for brass monkey weather !!! Love the idea of cutting the lasagne sheets up now I shall be trying that !!

snow?new mexico?is that usual beth?anyway,soup sounds like order of the day mate:yum:

Yes, this is usual. I got 2 inches last night but the ski valley, about 15 miles north of me, got 6, with a few feet predicted in the next few days. I live at 7000 ft elevation in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, just south of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The Taos Ski Valley will open on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, and they have plenty of snow for the start of ski season.

I spent most of yesterday in the hospital's infusion center getting two units of blood, so I didn't have the energy to prepare DH's birthday dinner; that will come this weekend. So I made an easy dinner: pan-seared pork chops, twice-baked potatoes with cheese and bacon, and steamed peas with roasted red peppers.
looks "the bomb" gg:yum:!!particularly impressive job after a tiring session at the hospital.twice baked potatoes?

Hazzers that meal looks totes amaze balls for brass monkey weather !!! Love the idea of cutting the lasagne sheets up now I shall be trying that !!
i know gravus,i did consider eating half & lagging me extremities with the rest,as a sort of edible "insulation" for my y.......nope,not going there:rolleyes:;):LOL:!
the lasagne?neat eh?means you can cut any width pasta you like.tell you wot,it tasted darn good & was a much firmer texture,when cooked,than the usual fresh pasta "shapes".

Yes, this is usual. I got 2 inches last night but the ski valley, about 15 miles north of me, got 6, with a few feet predicted in the next few days. I live at 7000 ft elevation in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, just south of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The Taos Ski Valley will open on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, and they have plenty of snow for the start of ski season.
sounds absolutely wonderful beth!!bet the views are stunning too.don't get me wrong,i love soaking up the sun on some exotic beach but i also love those intensely cold,crystal clear days,when you can see & walk for miles.it's like that over here at the moment.apparently we are in for quite a spell of this weather.hate the miserable,damp,grey winter days we usually get!

looks "the bomb" gg:yum:!!particularly impressive job after a tiring session at the hospital.twice baked potatoes?

Thanks. You're not familiar with twice-baked potatoes? You bake them, then cut them in half, or cut a thin slice off the top, depending on their size, then scoop the insides into a bowl. Make mashed potatoes with any add-ins you like, put the mash back into the potato skins, and bake again to warm them through and melt the cheese. Yummy stuff!

Thanks. You're not familiar with twice-baked potatoes? You bake them, then cut them in half, or cut a thin slice off the top, depending on their size, then scoop the insides into a bowl. Make mashed potatoes with any add-ins you like, put the mash back into the potato skins, and bake again to warm them through and melt the cheese. Yummy stuff!
ah hahh!familiar with the proceedings but didn't know they were called that....didn't know what they were called for that matter:rolleyes::LOL:!!
never too old to learn eh? thanks gg!!oh,and by the way...spuds,cheese & bacon?doesn't get much better in my book:chef:!!

I forgot to post my supper yesterday. Lazy supper: I nuked the rotisserie chicken (love that sensor reheat setting) I bought Wednesday, washed and spun the organic baby greens, made a ranch dressing (I followed a recipe for the first time and it wasn't as good as my usual "some of this and some of that" ranch.), served it with organic, whole grain sourdough bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping the bread and Mommessin's Cuvée Saint-Pierre white wine.

The Pirate will be cooking supper tonight for both of us. Batter dipped chicken deep fried with baked potato and steamed broccoli, cheese and butter. Looks like The Pirate will be here for the weekend. So whatever he can find in the fridge, he will be doing the cooking. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom