Your Christmas menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds awesome expatgirl. I was thinking pork tenderloin for Christmas dinner. Next time you have corn on the cob try lime juice and salt instead of butter. The sharp lime flavor mixing with the sweet creamy corn is a bomb.

My Christmas dinner will probably be the traditional Turkey,Ham, Ect.
If I am lucky they may serve Lobster and a Baked Alaska for desert
I will be in Acapulco, Mexico on a cruise ship.

Charlie

I found my menu from 2006. This was 2 weeks after my second back surgery, so I was kinda depending on others for some things.

Christmas 2006 – Lunch Menu

Appetizers:

Grand Mainer Pate’ Patrick
Cheese Patrick

Crackers Patrick​

Salads and Breads:

Sensation Salad Patrick
Maw Maw’s Jell-O Salad Patrick
Fresh Buns Patrick

Meats:

Roast Turkey Patrick

Ham Holly​

Side Dishes:

Oyster Dressing Mom

Smothered Corn Mom

Sweet Potato Crunch Mom

Rice Dressing David​

Homemade Macaroni & Cheese Kim

Cornbread Dressing Patrick​

Roasted Carrots & Potatoes Patrick

Desserts:

Turtle Cheesecake Donna​

Sweet Potato Tart Mom
Walnut Tart Mom
Custard Tart Mom
Coconut –Custard Tart Mom
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Kim

No plans here for Christmas so I'm not sure if I'll do anything special. Maybe share a Cornish hen with my kitties.

That sounds interesting! I'm inviting two Chinese, one Australian and a half Jamaican for my Christmas dinner. Any ideas? Something they would like?

Turkey, Stuffed Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Beans, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Onion Mustard Buns, Stuffing Buns.

Assortment of Cookies, Cranberry Nut Fudge and Dreamsicle Cake.

How many delicious things to taste!!!
As a matter of fact I am planning to make Cannelloni with asparagus or artichokes filling instead of ravioli as I won't to much time for everything...I'll make my renaissance cookies also and some appetizers ...I have to clean the house also..I'l take a long...

We will be having a standing rib roast, baked potato with the usual add-ons and broccoli with cheese sauce (this is a compromise veggie - it's the only one my DD, SIL and we will all eat with pleasure.

For dessert I'm trying to make a lemon meringue pie again. SIL's favorite. SO has made paklava and several great cookies.

We will be having a standing rib roast, baked potato with the usual add-ons and broccoli with cheese sauce (this is a compromise veggie - it's the only one my DD, SIL and we will all eat with pleasure.

For dessert I'm trying to make a lemon meringue pie again. SIL's favorite. SO has made paklava and several great cookies.

Actualy, We are having Christmas Dinner on Wed. due to family's work schedule. On Thursday I am cooking a Standing Rib Roast, Green Beans with New Potatoes, Honey Glazed Carrots, French Rolls and Salad. A much smaller crowd on Thursday, I am planning on using my slicer and thinly slicing the leftover meat for French Dip Sandwiches. Oh, tis the season to pig out.:pig::pig::pig:

Now I feel really wierd, my BIL and his family will be in from out of town and he requested pizza casserole so that's what we are having. I'll get italian bread to go with it,but that's about it.

Now I feel really wierd, my BIL and his family will be in from out of town and he requested pizza casserole so that's what we are having. I'll get italian bread to go with it,but that's about it.

Yeah, but look at it this way, you get off easy. We are having what "I" want. So the work and expence is on me.

Sea Grill should be open, BT... Not sure how the food is there since Ed Brown left, but the view of the tree and the skaters is always spectacular.

great! thank you, june. :)

dw was just asking me to check into what might be open in the area. i've heard really good things about the sea grill.

It's still in the works a little.
Dh is working on Christmas, so we'll celebrate the day before.
I'll be making
Pork Tenderloin with a black peppercorn sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli Rice Casserole
Cranberries
And I'm not sure what else
Chocolate Kahlua Mousse Pie for sure.

On Christmas, we'll have a dinner at the station.
We're bringing spiral ham and a dessert but I'm not sure what else will be on the table.

We will have a roasted pork loin and all the trimmings. Dessert is still up in the air, possibly a maple/pumpkin pie or a coconut cream cake (plus a variety of cookies I baked).

Christmas eve will be one of my favorties:

Pizza Pie

and Christmas dinner has changed a few times. It was going to be goat tenderloin until I was discussing this with a friend and he made it clear that he really wished he could be there for that meal, so I will serve the Korean tenderloin at a later time for him and his wife.

Now it looks like a beef pot roast in the slow cooker, with garlic, onions and shredded potatoes and carrots
with a side of garlicked mashed potatoes
baked sweet potato chunks
vinegar cole slaw with a dollop of maple syrup for my serving
fresh bread with amish butter
and a few chocolate almond cookies for dessert

Christmas menu:

-4 bone prime rib (home aged) w/ a sea salt-garlic paste crust
-Sour cream-chive horseradish sauce
-Shrimp cocktail w/ homemade cocktail sauce
-Marscapone mashed potatoes
-Green bean casserole
-Butternut squash soup
-Creamed spinach w/ parmesan
-Chocolate lava cakes w/ marionberry filling
-Cranberry martinis
-Cranberry compote

There will be 3 or 4 other dishes, but I haven't sussed them out yet. Menu's a little too basic for my tastes, so I need a few complex things to keep me balanced.

We long ago did away with the 7-Fishes in place of a far more simple fish/pasta dinner on xmas eve. This is our nicer dinner where we sit down and eat like civilized human beings.

We do still make Strufoli... actually my 85yo grandmother does its one of the only things she makes well.. she has always been a terrible cook but there are a few things she can do best.

x-mas day will be a mish-mosh buffet of who knows what.... the highlight is the handmade manicotti.. unfortunately this is a paper plates... lucky if you can find a seat type of event.... actually most of the food is usually good it is just hard to enjoy in such disorganization....

Back
Top Bottom