Your Cooking Style ... In One Word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tasty.

It was hard to come up with a single word. I considered spicy, because I love the strong taste of Caribbean and Cajun styles, but I also like many herbal flavors too, which don't qualify as spicy. Since I hardly ever cook anything that isn't enhanced in some way, tasty it is.. :wacko:

Loving...
My motto is "feed'em up and love'em up, and whether I have a little money or a lot to spend, I've always fed my family tasty, nutritious and imaginative meals.
If I could add one more adjective, I'd say "creative", because I use whatever I have on hand. I hate to see food go to waste.

Last edited:
flavorful

I love lots of different flavors in my food. I don't want anything bland, I want flavor and zest!

Country and/or peasant.

That should just about cover all the bases for all the best food in the world.

Last edited:
plentiful....

I tend to overload people's plates (got my MIL to thank for that),I hate to see anyone go hungry LOL!

Paint.

fusion

I like to make italian things that are asian influenced, or a french dish that has a taste of mexico in it...catch my drift?

Calm

Because of my background, I'm just as likely to put a curry on the table as a New England Boiled dinner or snitzel. It's all the same to me, I love it all. My freinds like to come here because nothing rattles me. Hubby likes to set a table, and I often un-nerve some of my younger guests who occaisionally get shocked to find crystal, china, silver and candle-light. But the attitude is a shrug. The next time it may be paper plates on your lap. THis is what we do.

I'm with Barbara (homestyle) and Paint (plentiful)

but since they've taken those adjectives, (ooooh! An english lesson!)

I'll choose real.
For example, no fat-free, low-carb, diet anything. I cook real food. I adore the carbs, and red meats! I put butter in things and I love recipes from times past.

jkath said:
I'm with Barbara (homestyle) and Paint (plentiful)

but since they've taken those adjectives, (ooooh! An english lesson!)

I'll choose real.
For example, no fat-free, low-carb, diet anything. I cook real food. I adore the carbs, and red meats! I put butter in things and I love recipes from times past.

i agree with the no fat-free, no low-carb, no diet thing. i'm all about steaks and heavy cream and pasta and butter.
my cholesterol's fine and i'm skinny, so i'll keep eating that kind of stuff till the cows come home as long as it stays that way.:-p

I wish I could get away with it, but come as close as I can witout putting hubby or me in the hospital. Fortunately, we both love good food, not junk. So a meal of veggies or a really great bean soup isn't a trial, and cool meals for hot weather isn't a problem either. I've known men who wouldn't feel like they'd eaten if you served them a salad for supper, but hubby is happy to have a nicoise on a regular basis, or an omlette with a bit of tossed greens on the side. Actually hubby is happy period, with just about anything I cook. One of the reasons I married him.

luvs_food said:
... so i'll keep eating that kind of stuff till the cows come home as long as it stays that way.:-p

My cows come home in a little rectangular tray with saran wrap over it.:LOL:

icymist said:
Burnt!!!! ARGGGG
hmmmmm. well, you could call it cajun:rolleyes:

Southern - also, but healthier than most southern cooking in the past. I don't fry much - I don't season veggies like old south - lots of salads - few but really good bread more fruit than baked desserts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom