Your Cooking Style ... In One Word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
If you had to describe your cooking style in
ONE WORD,
what would that word be?

I'll give you mine when I think of a good one....

snobby, lol.
i have to make things PERFECTLY, and they have to look nice, and i spend wayyyyyyyy too much on expensive, exotic, and imported ingredients. i know my food's good, and i know it looks awesome when i take the time to make it look beautiful.
so snobby it is.:LOL: food snob i am!

Last edited:
In one word - HAPHAZARD.

I seldom have a failure, but the planning beforehand leaves a lot to be desired. I seldom know what I'll be cooking until I get to the peckish stage! I hate cooking for one - no kudos!

cheap

or if you want it to sound nicer, frugal. :LOL: I'm always trying to find ways to lower the cost of a dish or use up what I have by subsituting.

Homestyle. My mom was such a wonderful cook, and I cook a lot of things the way she did. Whenever something I make turns out just like hers did, I get so excited! lol

:) Barbara

Bold. I love to create dishes that jump out at you, both visually and in flavor. I love to try different flavor combinations and to give people a chance to experience tastes that they've never had before.

"Again?"

My preschoolers don't care what I come up with as it seems they will only eat Banquet Chicken Nuggets.

Tom

ACTUALLYNOTTHATBAD

Just kidding. I think I would go with

Elaborate

Im not much for making strong flavors or extremely ritch food, but I usually build my spicing and sauces from the ground up using a lot of little enhancers, for example most of my curry meat dishes will contain a little butter (or ghee) which brings out a strange sweetness in indian curry powder.

Inventive. I will often use a fairly basic recipe and add add'l ingredients for greater flavor and style.

Adventureous

I love trying new things that noone around me has tried before. I'm the one in the family that everyone is always saying "Wonder what she's bringing this time" ;o) 9 times of 10, everyone loves whatever it is.

Fresh
or healthy

I do my best to use fresh ingredients as much as possible to enhance flavor. Aside from my baking, I also work really hard to make our meals healthy, but still incorporating lots of fresh ingredients and flavors.

Baking on the other hand, I'd have to say is
indulgent :mrgreen:

Loved the "again" answer.

I'd have to say "Improved" because I keep
improving on all my dishes.

Back
Top Bottom