Your dream Cooking show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tiga,

This is a question out of pure curiosity. Alton Brown is a chef but why do you think it would be better if he were a master chef?

daveghee said:
I enjoy cooking with alcohol. So much so that I decided to produce an independent cooking show. We are internet-based and broadcast on public access. If you are interested in seeing what you can do yourself, check out:

http://www.inebriatedkitchen.com

Why dream!

dave that looks cool, will try to check your show out this sunday night...

I was just thinking.. I miss all the old cooking shows. The first one that comes to mine was Julia Child, of course. I also loved the Galloping Gourmet. In the 70's, people cooked without worrying about "is this good or is this bad?" People for generations ate things with butter, cream, etc... and they are living into the very high years.

I'd just like to see a cooking show that just goes back to basics... good wholesome cooking.. cooking things the way they were meant to be cooked.. not substituting this for that..

I've thought some more about my original idea in an earlier post. here's the lineup for the first season:

Season Opener:
Mom comes on and makes shrimp creole, with bread pudding for dessert.
Episode 2:
Julia rises miraculously from the dead and makes coq au vin.
Episode 3:
Wolfgang Puck makes an Austrian pastry.
Episode 4:
Jacques Pepin makes whatever he wants.
Episode 5:
Alton Brown makes pot roast.
Episode 6:
Tony Bourdain makes frites.
Episode 7:
Paula Deen makes biscuits.
Episode 8:
Justin Wilson also rises miraculously from the dead and makes crayfish etouffee.
Episode 9:
Ina Garten makes party appetizers.
Episode 10:
Jacques Torres makes whatever he wants.
Episode 11:
Tyler Florence sits on my lap.
Episode 12:
Sara Moulton makes a casserole.
Episode 13 (Season finale):
Emeril makes roux and we eat roux sandwiches.

choclatechef said:
I would love to see a good real old fashioned soul food cooking show. There is nothing like it on TV right now that I can see.

I think soul food is dying out in this country, and a show like this would be a "shot in the arm" to revive this luscious food style.

I agree.......but no chitterlins please. Best style of cooking on the planet.

luvs_food said:
you know that one show that used to be on that was called 'two fat ladies'? THAT was my kind of show. those ladies made me smile a lot and laugh sometimes when they were being ornery and they just seemed to LOVE life. i MISS that show, sigh. :cry: i don't really have any show in mind that i'd want to put on the air, but something like that would be awesome. although it'd be hard to out-do that show, i think. just my opinion.

i loved that show too luvs. the one with dark hair passed away way too young imho (i think from lung cancer, note to all of you smokers out there) so the show ended. they used to wrap everything in bacon, yummmmmmmm.

buckytom said:
luvs_food said:
you know that one show that used to be on that was called 'two fat ladies'? THAT was my kind of show. those ladies made me smile a lot and laugh sometimes when they were being ornery and they just seemed to LOVE life. i MISS that show, sigh. :cry: i don't really have any show in mind that i'd want to put on the air, but something like that would be awesome. although it'd be hard to out-do that show, i think. just my opinion.

i loved that show too luvs. the one with dark hair passed away way too young imho (i think from lung cancer, note to all of you smokers out there) so the show ended. they used to wrap everything in bacon, yummmmmmmm.

Oops, add a bonus episode to my season lineup:
Jennifer and ??-the big blonde) and I decide it's too hot to cook and pop out for a drink.

luvs_food said:

Two Fat Ladies was my favorite cooking show, not only informative but funny. They would still be on if the dark haired one had not died. The same company produced The Naked (I have to use unclad here, the admin edited it) Chef . I like Jaime Oliver but not as much as the ladies. I still use a few of their recipes, especially their hedgehog meatloaf. The name just makes me laugh, no hedgehog in it though.
green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

I think it would be a great idea to rerun the Julia Child cooking shows. I believe she had several different shows over the years, but the only one I can remember is The French Chef. Sara Moulton was her sous chef for a while a number of years ago, and I like her a lot, but there will never be another Julia. Anyone remember the other shows? How about the drunk cook, Graham Kerr?? Wasn't he named the Galloping Gourmet??

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

sigh, it seems a bunch of us liked 'two fat ladies.' they should put it on again. they had it on for awhile after the one passed away, but then they put this marathon on and then it was just gone. what a great show...

How about Two Fat Guys or The Cooking Queers? You know .....like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Better Yet.. Rainbow Boys and a Grill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom