Your dream Cooking show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
If you were asked to create a brand new cooking show for TV, then how would you make it? What kind of food would you cook? What would it be called? Let's have fun... :p

Choo

:eek: You stuck your tongue out at us!!! :p hahaha

OK, the name of my show would be THE BASICS AND BEYOND . I have friends that call me for a recipe - like what is a great appetizer - and I say a Pesto, Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Torte - just layer your pesto, blah, blah, blah. I go through the whole thing.

Then they ask - where do I find sundried tomatoes, how do I make pesto, stuff like that - basic stuff. Let's say the 30 minute show would be on this torte. We would go over everything - how to make the pesto and maybe even shoot some footage in the grocery store showing how things look at the store and where you would most likely find them.

If the show were an hour long then the last 20 minutes or so would be a bunch of suggestions for what you could do with pesto other than this torte, or what different things you can do with basil - or how to garnish the torte. The pace would be slower than a lot of shows and be very informative and repetative in it's information. For that last 20 minutes it might even include information on growing your own basil and making your own sundried tomatoes.

Please join us next week for THE BASICS AND BEYOND when we will discuss that little mysterious thing called a caper! What are they and where do they come from!! Now go make something with pesto!

it would have one all important factor, me as the star. And starting in November of 2002 you will be able to catch it once a month on Dayton and/or Columbus OH area public access.

hmmmm...i love food science...i like to know how and why things work, not just how much of each ingredient....so anything in that area would be great.......i also think a cooking show for kids would be great... my daughter has started collecting her own cookbooks....shes 10...and my 12 Y.O. son loves to cook with me.....my kids both love watching cooking shows....they would love one just for them.....

jo_tp .....do you watch Alton??? :)

I'd love a show much like the original cooking show of all......one like Julia Childs show that I watched as a kid....with a bit of the "downhome" cooking of Justin Wilson. I think Elf's idea of BASIC and Beyond is great...........(Love the name)...Elf and I are probably thinking the same thing. Too many shows, even Cooking 101, are produced for people who already cook, using terms like "puree"....and don't explain how that's done, or why it's good for some foods, and not others... (Lawson makes a good attempt at Julia's style) Julia is still the Queen of Cooking Shows!

norma....yes i love alton...i love cooking shows that teach...i like learning new techniques and tricks......a little bit humor thrown in is a good thing *L*

A Probably Unseen Show

Hi all, Finally got to try the new Server (pun intended), WOW Choo, looks great.
We have a show on our version of FoodTV Called Cook Like a Chef. Feature about 8 Chefs doing, primarily, demonstration cooking. They do discuss and demonstrate a lot of techniques. Anyone remember Chicken Gallentine??? That was done today.
Some of the Chefs are know big hittters, and others are relatively unknown and really quite good.
Try foodtv.ca for a look at a few of the Bios and recipes (warning - many recipes are found under obscure names, rather than where you might expect to find them.
Oh well, it is Canada . . .
Finally,
David

I enjoy cooking with alcohol. So much so that I decided to produce an independent cooking show. We are internet-based and broadcast on public access. If you are interested in seeing what you can do yourself, check out:

http://www.inebriatedkitchen.com

Why dream!

Dave - welcome to DiscussCooking!!!

I think you had WAAAAAAAAAY too much fun creating your "baby". Can't say I disagree with liking to cook with alcohol!! I just wish I could actually watch the show!!! I humbly bow to your endeavor and enthusiasm. :D

You can!

Actually, we stream all of our episodes over the web. You will need to have quicktime installed though!

Thanks,

Dave

you know that one show that used to be on that was called 'two fat ladies'? THAT was my kind of show. those ladies made me smile a lot and laugh sometimes when they were being ornery and they just seemed to LOVE life. i MISS that show, sigh. :cry: i don't really have any show in mind that i'd want to put on the air, but something like that would be awesome. although it'd be hard to out-do that show, i think. just my opinion.

Simple - it would have Smellovision. And Tasteovision. And Instantdeliveryovision.

Seriously, simple, clear cut explanations geared toward those that know how to boil water but are not impressed with grandiose cooking terminolgy.

Explanations of WHY you do things a certain way that go beyond "Zees ees da vay eets alvays beeeen dun".

And perhaps a bit of food history thrown in just for fun.

Oh, wait, I just descibed Good Eats, didn't I? Except for the Instantdeliveryovision.

Seriously, I think Good Eats is a great show. If AB was a master chef, it would be perfect.

I would love to see a good real old fashioned soul food cooking show. There is nothing like it on TV right now that I can see.

I think soul food is dying out in this country, and a show like this would be a "shot in the arm" to revive this luscious food style.

a reality cooking show lol. you take the most random ppl and they compete agaginst each other, and also develop skills along the way. I think that would be pretty fun to watch esp. ppl messing up etc.

It would be me and Giada DeLaurentis...I haven't gotten any further than that. I just LOVE the way she says mozzarella! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom