Your Last New Meal Recipe (non-dessert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianMeg

Senior Cook
What is the last new recipe you tried for a meal? Desserts not included.
How did it turn out? Will you make it again? :chef:

ETA: It doesn't have to be a formal recipe. Could be something you invented that day. Just something you haven't made before.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.....does it actually have to be a recipe? Or could it be something new that we made up?

I did a slightly different pasta bake today.

Made a mince mix with beef mince, onions, green pepper, garlic, 2 chopped up carrots and mixed herbs & seasoning. Cooked up two different pasta shapes. Mixed the pasta and the meat sauce and topped with a grated cheese mix including mozzerella and baked in the oven for 25 minutes.

Turned out well and is relatively low fat to make DW happy.

Last weekend, I made chicken Saltimbocca for the first time, from a recipe in the current Cook's Illustrated. It was great - I will definitely make it again.

I made sausage, peppers and onion for the first time last night. DH loves sausage, peppers and onions. Hot Italian sausage, red bell peppers, sweet onions, fresh basil, oregano, garlic, Marsala wine. We both enjoyed it so, yes, I will definitely make it again. :)

No knead pizza dough , was a cinch to make all in one bowl, didn't need the kitchenaid stand mixer. I would make it again.

Back
Top Bottom