your worst meal you made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
when we were at one of our no money and food situations I had made this penne pasta dish from the back of the box. Well, It had thyme in it. I kinda put to much tyme in the pasta. WHen my husband and I took one bite we both looked at eachother :shock: and said at the same time. "what the heck was is this?" It literally tasted like I went in the back yard pulled some grass out of the ground and fried it up in there. It was horrible

lol nicole, this should be a good thread. i'm gonna have to think about it. i am successful at forgetting stuff like that, and fights with friends, old girlfriends, bad movies, etcetera.

umm, the first one that comes to mind is a beef lentil stew/chilli i made recently. it tasted, well, very bland and boring, but later that night i had to suffer it's wrath :shock: . thank god i was working a midnight shift solo, away from sources of flame and sparks... :twisted:

i still have 3 quarts left that i saw in the freezer yesterday. it'll probably go on the compost pile in the spring, with other sources of methane.

lol buckytom - right when I think I'm going to be able to turn the computer off and sleep you make me laugh!!!!

One of the worst meals I ever made - - - - - was probably the one where I was trying to remember from memory a Greek meatball in pita pockets - the meatballs were so dry that when my brother-in-law finally got his first bite swallowed he asked if anyone needed to dry up any swampland.

Other than that it would be a recipe I found where you make soup out of the Kraft macaroni and cheese - YUCK!!!!!!!!!! That was aweful!!!!!

about 4 yrs. ago i made lamb for the 1st time. i made rib chops and a yogurt sauce. it was really, really gross, lol. the lamb was nice and juicy and had a great flavor. but the sauce- my own recipe :oops: - met the kitchen sink drain not so very long after i tasted it.
awwww, well...what can you do but learn from these mistakes?
23.gif

i can cook up some mean lamb chops now... :D

i made this tuna thing. the tuna became overcooked and it was just horrible lol. and the sauce didn't make it ne better

The first meal I made as a new bride many years ago was spaghetti. I dished up the spaghetti onto a plate and set it in front of my new husband. The spaghetti slid off the plate and landed in his lap! A few weeks later, I dumped a rhubarb mereingue pie top down in my oven as I was taking it out of the oven. :oops:

Way tooo many to mention.

When I first got my computer
I let so many things burn while
I came in "just to take a quick peak" at my email
and sat for 30 minutes....

YUCK! lol :D

I'm like Bucky....real good at forgetting this kind of thing!

I guess it would have to be the time I cooked pork chops & the cap came off the garlic powder. I went ahead & cooked them anyway because it only covered one of the chops & I thought that if I shook it off it would be ok. Well, I was so wrong! Hubby got the chop with all the garlic powder on it & he pretty much choked!! When I bit into mine it was pretty much the same way. I felt so bad!

I was visiting my cousin--first time I'd seen her or her family in a couple years and I offered to make dinner. We got so busy talking I didn't pay attention to when I put the meatloaf in the oven and I thought it had been in long enough so we went ahead and made the mashed potatoes, veggie, and dished everything up and the meatloaf was still so raw inside that it was cold!

We threw it back in the oven, ate the other stuff and kept talking!

My worst ruined a pan. My wife can't stand liver unless it's made with a tomato sauce over it, then covered with shredded cheese (usually colb/jack). Well, I just had to get distracted and badly burned the dish, in a covered stainless steel skillet. It stunk up the house so badly that we could still smell it days afterwards, and that's in the summer with all windows wide open. The flavor never came out of that pan and I finally threw it away.

Burned liver and tomatoes could be considered chemical warfare I think.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

that would be one time i made hamburgers. i got sidetracked and forgot i was broiling them. they ended up like hockey pucks lol

I have made a lot of real bad stuff during my "cooking career. I have made porkchops and steak that you could use as paper weights.

I have conveniently forgotten what exactly I cooked, but when I asked my husband how he liked it, he smiled and suggested I lose the recipe.

Years ago and the replacement of a dutch oven I made one full of salsa..first try..it called for 1 pound of jallapeno peppers...wellll..I didn't put that many in and it was very very hot..but it had a Teffalon lining so the next time I cooked a family favorite. Fresh Green Beens ..the whole pot full. Need I say more??? Kevin said "Wow Mom, did you use all the pepper in the house?" :oops:

Dove said:
Years ago and the replacement of a dutch oven I made one full of salsa..first try..it called for 1 pound of jallapeno peppers...wellll..I didn't put that many in and it was very very hot..but it had a Teffalon lining so the next time I cooked a family favorite. Fresh Green Beens ..the whole pot full. Need I say more??? Kevin said "Wow Mom, did you use all the pepper in the house?" :oops:

:LOL: When I first started cooking I made chili and used red pepper instead of chili pepper.....5 tablespoons to 3 pounds of meat. Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :!: I thought they were the same. :LOL:

My worst fiasco had to be the first time I tried to make bread. I got the recipe from one of the nurses I worked with .... unfortunately I didn't turn the 3x5 card over and read the rest of the instructions. Instead of two loaves of bread I made two 1-inch high boat anchors.

But, the Rx worked like a charm the next time ......

Boy - did I feel stupid! :oops:

Michael in FtW said:
My worst fiasco had to be the first time I tried to make bread. I got the recipe from one of the nurses I worked with .... unfortunately I didn't turn the 3x5 card over and read the rest of the instructions. Instead of two loaves of bread I made two 1-inch high boat anchors.

But, the Rx worked like a charm the next time ......

Boy - did I feel stupid! :oops:

:LOL: I have made a few of those.....My first Focaccia was used as a frisby.

The first time I tried to make sugar cookies on my own. I thought I memorized the recipe, but my proportions and conversions were waaaaay off. The cookies came out so hard that I even threw one against the wall and it didn't break. What can I say? I admit it, I suck at baking. Well actually, not anymore. But still I don't really like to do it.

Bangbang said:
I have destroyed many fried eggs. I just can't flip them without breaking the yoke.

That is so weird bang..... This morning I was yelling at my husband because he wanted eggs. Well, I can not make fried eggs without breaking them. Everytime I make them when it's time to flip, I get all sweaty and nervous, Literaly. I don't know what it is but I can not flip a friggin egg :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom