"B" Rated Restaurants...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but there is no excuse for a restaurant to get below an A for health and sanitation standards. Would you want your pilot on Delta to have a B rating? Or how about your heart surgeon?

Me too, I've not seen this rating anywhere or is it that I've not noticed them. There are so many restaurants in and around my place but never saw this rating.

Curious question though. Im not familiar with the exact requirements to get a specific letter grade, but if it depends on certain temperatures, leaving bags open or things being in a certain proximity to other things, how would our own home kitchens grade under all these requirements ?? ( granted, they are in the food serving business, so are held to a certain standard as not to create a public health hazard, but I'm kinda guessing an inspector would have a field day in most of our kitchens)

I just want to be clear, that I dont have any rats or mice ( or their turds) in my kitchen ;).

All that being said, to answer the original question, if the restaurant has been around awhile, appears clean to my standards and nothing obvious is noticeable to me, I would eat there. Id go back a second time pending any bouts with sickness or diarrhea as a result of the first time :ohmy:

Larry

Last edited:
To respond to my last post, even though my kitchen would probably get some hits from a food safety inspector, I feel comfortable with my own/ family germs than a restaurant which would have a cities population full of germs.

If I sat around and thought about all the things that go on in a restaurant, I'd never be able to eat out again. We've all heard/ seen those stories on dateline type shows about employees doing disgusting , unprofessional things. And not to forget about the 'Kitchen impossible' and other shows like that too. This is why I kinda use my own judgement, experiences and references. But sure, I would be very curious as to what made a restaurant I was eating at NOT have an 'A' rating

I haven't seen those signs in restaurant windows in some time. I'm wondering since this original post is two years old, if that rating system hasn't gone by the wayside.

At any rate, no I would never eat at an establishment with less than an A rating. I don't quite understand why anyone would.

I have never seen this either, around here you either pass or don't pass. There are 2 kinds of not passing, the first kind is if you have something severely wrong that can not be corrected in an allotted amount of time or poses an immediate direct threat to health and or safety. The second is not a direct threat and can be repaired, so they give you a week or so and come back and reinspect, if its fixed it doesn't go any further...

When I had my deli, I got a warning about a cooler with a faulty drain dehydrator, the cooler had been converted to gravity drain but the condensate pan still had the heater in it, and since it was there it had to be operational, I simply unscrewed the heater and threw it away, I did it right in front of the inspector BUT he still had to come back in a week o check that it was up to code, lol...
The funny part was that heater was there when I opened and needed an inspection to open obviously, and he inspected it initially, I was thinking it but didn't say it, figured it wouldn't do any good...

I have worked in restaurants and other food establishments {HVAC-r Repair} that after the first time I was allowed behind the scenes, I would never eat there again... I was tempted to call the health dept a few times but sadly always talked myself out of it, but did warn my friends and family...

They have to post the ratings in the state my dad lives in. Where we live, they don't but at least 1 of the local TV stations posts fails in their viewing area each week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom