Barbeque smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope THIS helps.....

Also, IMO...man has been cooking meat over fire ever since he discovered it thousands of years ago...If it were really all that dangerous the species would have died off long ago.....

Have Fun & Enjoy!

The link Uncle Bob posted confirms what I thought to be true. It's not the smoke that is a possible danger, it's the charring on the meat.

If you grill over high heat and fat from the meat drips into the grill and flares up it will cause charring (burning) of the meat.

Smoke from wood or wood chips that is not accompanied by black charring of the meat is not the issue.

From the link notice the following statement..."PAHs are products of imperfect combustion found in smoke and burned matter" ......Imperfect, or better stated as incomplete combustion is the cause of the greatest amount of PAH's in wood smoke...Incomplete combustion (lack of oxygen) creates a "dirty" fire full of smoke particulates and 100+ Chemicals/compounds/Gases etc some of which are known and others that are suspected to be carcinogenic..A "dirty" fire produces voluminous clouds of white, gray, brown, black smoke etc. that taint the meat...making it black (soot, tar, ash) and very bitter.
A "Clean" fire...one that has adequate combustion/oxygen and has been reduced to mostly coals produces very little, if any visible smoke ..Even if you can't see it...it's there!...Any smoke that is visible will be very thin, pale and blue in color...This is the ideal condition/environment in which to BBQ meats...PAH's are minimized, and the "flavoring gases" are maximized...The meats will not be blackened but rather take on a rich brown/mahogany color, and have that "sweet" BBQ flavor.......

Fun!

The link Uncle Bob posted confirms what I thought to be true. It's not the smoke that is a possible danger, it's the charring on the meat.

If you grill over high heat and fat from the meat drips into the grill and flares up it will cause charring (burning) of the meat.

Smoke from wood or wood chips that is not accompanied by black charring of the meat is not the issue.

Yeah ! I understand now, thank you Andy ! great idea. That's what i really want to heard ! And thats make me confused .

Back
Top Bottom