Bellevue and Seattle Washington Restaurants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

recipedirect

Senior Cook
I'll be in Bellevue for 4 days and downtown Seattle for two days. I am looking for recommendations for restaurants. Local, fresh food is our preference. Any suggestions?

On the Eastside (Bellevue / Redmond):

Seastar & Danial's Broiler are both classy, yet casual, with great food.

I enjoy Bamboo Garden as well. Tons of great dishes here and I've not had one I didn't like.

If you're in the mood for some great tequila and a Mexican-inspired menu try The Matador. It's locally owned, the bars are outrageously beautiful (all hand crafted, inlaid woods made by one of the owners), the atmosphere is fun and funky (love the hundreds of candles everywhere) and the food is fresh and well prepared. There are a couple in Seattle and one in Redmond (which borders Bellevue).

If you're looking for something a little more intimate and Italian, I can highly recommend both Tropea & Tosoni's. Neither look like much from the outside, but inside they are true treasures with superb food, great wine and outstanding service.

Last edited:
Thanks Zereh. We are staying at the Hyatt in Bellevue. Are any of the restaurants close by? The Seastar's menu looks great.

Here is my food trip report:
Bellevue we were very busy with the conference so didn't get out of the hotel much. We did eat at Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub quite often. They have some great happy hour specials (4 lamb skewers for $5.00 was a favorite) and a good selection of beer.

In Seattle we ate at:
Umi Sake House - Very Good. They also have happy hour food specials along with happy hour drinks.
Ivar's Acres of Clams - Wow. Food was good and they really pile it on.
Pan Africa - Ethiopian food near the market. This was the highlight. They even gave me a free cookbook and permission to publish their recipes.

We ate at several other places that were just okay. My momma told me not to say anything at all if I can't say something good.

Seattle was a lovely trip.

Ivar's Acres of Clams - Wow. Food was good and they really pile it on.
Seattle was a lovely trip.
Okay, I realize this thread is over a year old - however I feel that this type of thread is still relevant to post in, just in case anyone might be heading to Seattle soon.

Do yourself a favour: GO TO IVAR'S. Simply amazing food, mind-boggling selection & a great view.

I love Seattle. It's one of our favourite places to visit & we're always on the lookout for new places to eat at.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom