BRAZIL - Rio de Janeiro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foodguy

Assistant Cook
Thought I'd list a couple of places that you should not miss when traveling to Rio:

BREAKFAST/LUNCH:
KICê SUCOS
Avenida N.S. de Copacabana, 1033

Try a misto quente (grilled ham and cheese) and wash it down with a Suco Morango (strawberry smoothie)
Also, make sure you try the local Açai (sort of a yogurt smoothie consistency made of a fruit from the Amazon)

DINNER:
I eat here pretty much every night.....its the best place I found throughought all my trips. Brazilian BBQ buffet.
Carretão Copacabana
Rua Siqueira Campos, 23
Mondays thru Friday: R$ 27,90.
Saturdays, Sundays and
holidays: R$ 31,90.

Also make sure you try the Feijoada (Brazil's national dish of black bean stew with various meats)

Hi Larry, Unfortunately, Rio is the only city I've yet to explore.

I Have some friend in northern Brazil. I havent visited there yet, but we are always exchanging recipes ( more me to her, since she is not much of a cook) but occasionally , ill get a few from her house keeper ( who does all the cooking). I would also love to try all the exotic fruits they have there, that are unavailable here. Maybe one day ...

Are there any stores near you that sell a nice selection of Brazlian foods, produce .....?

Not near me but near where my office is located there's tons of Brasillian and Portuguese places. Not just stores but excellent top notch restaurants of Iberian cuisine (Including Basque), Brasillian, and now there are some spanish as well. The following website will show you pictures of restaurants in which i have been to and the supermarket named "Seabra's" which caries those temperos . NJ Dining: Newark’s Ironbound « Off The Broiler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom