Brewing coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxy, I'm tempted to get a Chemex pour-over pot. I love Himself, but he is completely hopeless in the kitchen. When I ran errands on Friday, I didn't have enough time to set up the coffee pot for Himself; I had cold mocha coffee from the fridge that I took with me. Now mind you, he has made coffee with the Cuisinart many times, but not recently. He said he checked everything twice, had the grounds in the basket (took him a little while to find where I "hid" - his word - the filters), had water in the reservoir. Ready to launch. Pushed the button, heard the bubbling and other music, heard the ready "chirp"...and got nothing. :huh: He had forgotten to put the lid on the coffee pot and the entire 15 ounces of coffee were still being held in the grounds basket! Good thing it was a small pot of coffee.

I have had that oops with the coffee maker. But, when I had it, there was overflow. That sizzling noise is not a good sound. I swear, I have come up with more ways to bugger up making a pot of coffee with an automagic drip coffee maker ... leave half a pot of cold coffee in the carafe, forget to put the water, forget to put the coffee, there are probably other ways I can't think of at the moment. :rolleyes:

I have had that oops with the coffee maker. But, when I had it, there was overflow. That sizzling noise is not a good sound. I swear, I have come up with more ways to bugger up making a pot of coffee with an automagic drip coffee maker ... leave half a pot of cold coffee in the carafe, forget to put the water, forget to put the coffee, there are probably other ways I can't think of at the moment. :rolleyes:
Me, too. I now tell DH that I don't know how to make coffee - and it's true! [emoji1787]

Me, too. I now tell DH that I don't know how to make coffee - and it's true! [emoji1787]

Well, most of my coffee disasters have been with the drip coffee maker. They don't happen often.

The only other coffee disasters I can remember over the years were having a Britta filter flop over while pouring the water, so there were lots of grounds in the coffee. That happened once or twice. I was very annoyed the day I broke the glass carafe of a French press, while cleaning it.

Back
Top Bottom