CA - Woodland Hills ... inexpensive eats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
Friends of us are flying to LA at the end of the year. They'll stay about one month and they'll stay in Woodland Hills.
They are there for work and I know some of them can't see the Red Robin anymore.
Are there any possibilities to get something good for a small price, as they have to find something for dinner everday night?
Or maybe something for the special in between?

I'm waiting for your answers :)

Cara there are a lot of inexpensive restaurants in Woodland Hills and they just have to do their research. I love the Red Robin but I can see that eating there all the time can get boring.

They can get some great snacks at Trader Joe's in the same shopping mall as the Red Robin. I love California Pizza Kitchen but it can be a little pricey.

Woodland Hills!
That's pretty close to "the valley" - there are many out there - let me see if I can find anything :)

That is not close to "the valley", that IS the valley, fer shure!

There are numerous ethnic linoleum cafes throughout the San Fernando valley. They should have no trouble finding strip malls with everything from Armenian to Zimbabwean cuisine, at reasonable prices. I recently had lunch in an Argentine restaurant in Northridge, which is also in the San Fernando valley, the entree was easily large enough for two people to share, and the price was $12.95. At least I think it was Northridge. It could have been Chatsworth. All those San Fernando valley neighborhoods overlap.

When you mention Woodland Hills and say they are there for work, the Oakwood Correctional Facility, uh, excuse me, Executive Apartments immediately come to mind. If this is where they are staying, these units have full kitchens, so your friends could cook a lot of their own meals. If they have a choice of where they stay, I suggest Marriott's Residence Inn. I am sure they could find one near where they are going to be working, and they also have full kitchens.

Caine said:
so your friends could cook a lot of their own meals.

four men on their tour?? :ROFLMAO:
okay, I admit, on e of them is a good cook, but I think after a long day of working he don't want to.. and I think the other ones won't like it... it would be too special for them :rolleyes:

In LA, there's so many casual-type restaurants wherever you go that you don't really need a recommendation. Like Caine said, they can pretty much walk to or drive to any mall of any size, or any non-residential street and they'll find someplace to eat at. Just tell them to only eat at places that have an "A" grade from the Department of Health. Every restaurant in LA is required to display their grade. It should usually be by the cash register or somewhere visible.

But also, I don't know what your definition of affordable is because it can mean different things to everyone. One place that I can remember eating at which was pretty good and affordable was this place. It's probably more affordable for lunch than for dinner:

Villa Piacere

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom