D-C Forum Foodies List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two more........

Plano, Texas
Mr. Wok

Great place for lunch and very inexpensive! Hot and sour noodle bowl is fantastic!

Mr. Wok Asian Bistro, Great Atmosphere to Indulge in Unique Dishes

Tyler, Texas
Bernard's

Great place for dinner or a special lunch. He has the best veal marsala that I have ever eaten (including my own :LOL:). The boursin chicken is great too. The internet menu is nothing like the "real" menu, and be sure to ask to eat in the wine cellar (only open at night).

Bernard Mediterranean Restaurant

Salerno's Italian

Salerno's in Flower Mound, Tx has the best italian food in the area. I always look at the menu, but then I always order the veal picatta. I go with my friends and everyone has their favs. But everything is delish. :pig:

www.salernositalian.com

In Denver, CO...

Casual: My Brother's Bar - I always get a Ralphie burger (buffalo ... the name of CU's buffalo) with their signature cream cheese/jalapeno topping

Nice: Zengo - fun things like meat cooked on steaming rocks at your table

Vicksburg Mississippi to Natchez Mississippi on US Highway 61 (The River Road) --- Be sure to stop for lunch at the Old Country Store in Lorman Mississippi. Proprietor Author Davis fries up some Heavenly Fried Chicken to compliment his well prepared "down home" buffet!! --- The Old Country Store was one of the featured stops on Alton Brown's... Feasting On Asphalt - The River Run

Now, that is my kind of place!!!

Hmmmmm... Hamil's in Ridgeland...Just north of Jackson maybe???

It was winter and it was dark. so I could not even identify the building. They had awfully good fried chicken and fish. They had ribs, boiled prawns, and I want to say frog legs. It was a food I was familar with, but, I had never seen it on a buffet. It had a front and a side door. I went out the side door and had to come back in. It did not appear to be a new building. It wasn't fancy, and I want to say part of the floors were wooden - maybe around the food area, but the other rooms had low pile carpet like a kitchen carpet. I seem to remember the buffet, or at least the hot food, was in the room where we entered which was unusual to me, but it wasn't for from the kitchen. I think there was a small dessert bar or maybe just a table off to one side. If I had a woman that cooked like that at home I would never run away.

I sure would like to know what that batter was made from and what liquid it was deep fried in. The coating reminded me of Fry-Mix and beer batter. . .

When your in Coos Bay, OR, stop at The Coach House. Located on
the east side, its away from the main city. Good BBQ, steaks, sea food
and plenty of food for a reasonable price.

Traverse city Mi, Tarqilla's Mexican eatry, Every thing there is authentic, You will not find shirt steak in there enchilada's .

Right now they're relocating to to a bigger place, The store that was there, has moved to a location that right behind the old store location and over to the right, And its BETTER.......

Here is another Florida one: Anita's Family Restaurant, Nokomis. Nokomis is just south of Sarasota on Rt. 41. Anita's serves burgers to die for, breakfast is great (get the Grilled Biscuit with your food!) and everything we've had has been well prepared and reasonable. Not a fancy place, but friendly and good. We go there a lot.

The Roundup in Sierraville, CA has the best breakfasts. The omelets are so huge that you can order a half of an omelet. Biscuits and gravy are made every day from scratch. After eating breakfast there don't even think about needing to eat lunch. But if you do want to eat lunch, they make homemade soup everyday. One of my favorites is the hot pastrami sandwich on sourdough (it comes on rye, but I don't like rye). The best thing is it still has an old fashioned counter. It is great to sit there with the locals and catch up on the local happenings. And it is nice to go a restaurant where they know your name. You can sit where you want and order your meal however you like it. So, if you ever happen to be driving north of Lake Tahoe on Hwy. 89 stop at the Roundup Cafe.

Strasburg, Ohio

on US 250 a Mexican restaurant in a small strip mall (do not remember the name) very good!

Wooster, Ohio

Sue-Min's Chinese Gourmet Restaurant ... up the hill from the US 250 / 30 / 83 interchange. This little place, a former drug store with counter, looks like nothing but wow what food. Forgo the "buffet in crock pots" and order fresh from the menu. This lady can cook. Tony Bordaine would gladly return for seconds! very inexpensive

Now in my own area

West Grove, PA

Twelves ... a bistro of quality...not inexpensive but worth the $$ due to quality and preparation. Truly excellent.

Kilgore, Texas
The Country Tavern

This might just be the best bar-b-que in Texas. It's not fancy by any means, but it's fancier now than when we first started going long, long ago :rolleyes:. It has an ambience that's hard to beat (IMO it's an adult type atmosphere at night), and food that is off the chart! The ribs are a MUST have :). Be sure to watch the video.

Proud Of East Texas: Country Tavern - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |

I have two other recommendations.....gotta find some info first.

Cooksie - Here's a web link for their website:

Country Tavern

Bob

the wrangler. know far and wide for its bbq. they have beef, ribs and pork bbq. sides of beans, or macaroni salad or coleslaw. the sauce that goes with meats is awesome. people come in just to buy the sauce. i usually go with the beef sandwich. dip in sauce as you go.

very casual place, red checked table cloths. etc. great for takeout.

locally owned, i know of 45 years it has been in a strip mall on valley parkway in escondido. calif (near san diego)

If traveling I-95 in North Carolina, at Fayetteville, NC....
It's a bit off the interstate, but well worth the drive for really good
authentic Southern cookin'!

They have a buffet with NC style BBQ, fried chicken, greens, mashed
potatoes, seafood, often ribs and much more!

You will wait in line to be seated on a weekend, but well worth it.

SANDPIPERS is the name.

transparent.png

Sandpiper Seafood Restaurant‎ -

411 N Eastern Blvd, Fayetteville, NC‎

link takes you to google's map page, with reviews.

I lived just a few block from there about five years ago but I don't remember it. Has it been there long?

Eating at a restaurant in any area of the world will help you get a sense of what their culture is like. If you are planning to visit San Francisco, it is important to keep in mind that there are many different restaurants available for you to choose from. No matter what you are in the mood for, there is a restaurant here which is suitable for you. Here is a list of the best places to eat in San Francisco, California. You may want to try one or more of these restaurants during your trip to the Bay Area.

One SF restaurant I have always wanted to visit (I hope it's still there) is Yank Sing. The book "Classic Deem Sum" written by the owner and others has been a long time favorite of mine. yummee!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom