DENMARK - Copenhagen ... need ideas quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppinfresh

Senior Cook
So I've been here all week, I leave next Friday. I have to say with the exception of 1 dessert I had (some thing they traditionally eat on Christmas Eve), I've been thoroughly underwhelmed with the food.

Someone give me a knock my boots off restaurant to go to, please.

Also...what should I bring back to the states with me? Apparently the main thing the Danes are famous for is salty licorice, but I tried it....and think it's absolutely vile. Pretty sure the lady of the house won't enjoy it.

Originally I had planned on making a brief sojourn into Belgium for some chocolate or something, but it just didn't pan out.

I was there a few years ago but did not have a big enough budget to do much fine dining. I was on the end of a 4 month backpacking trip and really craving some American food so I recall eating a fat hamburger at the Hard Rock Cafe near Tivoli. I don't have any personal recommendations for good local cusine but pulled these recommendations from another site:

Noma
Address
Strandgade 93
Telephone
+45 32 963 297
Web Site: Restaurant noma
Description: Gourmet nordic cuisine, nordic produce. Run by Claus Meyer.

Rasmus Oubaek
Address
Store Kongensgade 52
Telephone
+45 33 323 209
Web Site: Rasmus Oubæk Restaurant
Description: One Michelin star in DK is good but this one is "on the rise"

One nice trip (in the summer) is a train ride across the bridge to Malmo, Sweden. My Mom is from Sweden and when we visited on trips when I was young I got addicted to their hotdogs and mash potatoes from the small stands. I think Anthony Bordain enjoyed these on his show where he visits Stockholm.

the best!

I think whats best to do is to try a little bit of everything. I mean, for sure the variety is wide when it comes to fine dining, so why not try it all? It will also give you the advantage of judging which ones the best!:)

Back
Top Bottom